Port Erin Marine Research Station

Boo Gay'n

Good Morning manxie44, apart from referring to people as 'rich gits' I do agree with you.

Interesting article you may wish to read: Ten Coast Towns Get £8.5 For Projects, this is how central funds should be spent. Must go, regatta soon...

Nice to know someone else who can't sleep. Sorry about the gits reference, it was as you say uncalled for, but I get so mad. I will check your link later. The rich I refer to are probably all nice, friendly people who are only here to help the Island be a nice place for us all to live in, no matter what the cost to them. Put that last comment down to lack of sleep, and the massive pig flying past my window.

Can't let this go. Bell and apparently all the Southern MHKs are horrified at the Marine Bio St planning decision. Well instead of bleating on MR - DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. You are the Government we elected.

No they are not. It is clear that the Commissioners supported the plans of Sea Breezes, with some points which could have been dealt with. Mr Jelly is running around like a blue-arsed fly trying to ensure that he remains in the clam bake with those good ol’ Southern boys. Little Philly just wants to be an MHK, please! Spuan Juan is the enigma. Despite what manxman1980 said earlier in the thread, everyone I have talked to still thinks that the rejection in CoMin which the PE Commissioners talk about in their statement was driven by Whataperson. Now presumably the wee ‘un wants to be re-elected so that his plans for global domination can come to pass, so we must assume that on this one he was dancing to someone else’s tune? Will the profane ever get to know?

• Like 3

Good Morning manxie44, apart from referring to people as 'rich gits' I do agree with you.

Interesting article you may wish to read: Ten Coast Towns Get £8.5 For Projects, this is how central funds should be spent. Must go, regatta soon...

Nice to know someone else who can't sleep. Sorry about the gits reference, it was as you say uncalled for, but I get so mad. I will check your link later. The rich I refer to are probably all nice, friendly people who are only here to help the Island be a nice place for us all to live in, no matter what the cost to them. Put that last comment down to lack of sleep, and the massive pig flying past my window.

Can't let this go. Bell and apparently all the Southern MHKs are horrified at the Marine Bio St planning decision. Well instead of bleating on MR - DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. You are the Government we elected.

No they are not. It is clear that the Commissioners supported the plans of Sea Breezes, with some points which could have been dealt with. Mr Jelly is running around like a blue-arsed fly trying to ensure that he remains in the clam bake with those good ol’ Southern boys. Little Philly just wants to be an MHK, please! Spuan Juan is the enigma. Despite what manxman1980 said earlier in the thread, everyone I have talked to still thinks that the rejection in CoMin which the PE Commissioners talk about in their statement was driven by Whataperson. Now presumably the wee ‘un wants to be re-elected so that his plans for global domination can come to pass, so we must assume that on this one he was dancing to someone else’s tune? Will the profane ever get to know?

Sorry don't understand a word of that, but to get back to the real world; I visited the area of the Bio Station yesterday, what a sight, boarded up run down with 8 foot railings opposite advising non use of the Breakwater area, all manner of crap at the far end by Seagull Isle / Castle Rock. A prime site for the next Dandara contribution to Off - Island owned flats ( sorry Apartments) Parking Permission already in place I believe. The one plus is the view across the bay to Bradda Head, as yet untouched by the developers. As I say " As Yet "

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Things are looking up in Port Erin. The commissioners have passed a plan for a booze factory along breakwater road. Bottling and tasting plant.

Perfect place to collect a bottle of wine whilst waiting for the water taxi to take me to my Hotel...

PA16/00527 if anyone wants to look it up.

• Like 2

Things are looking up in Port Erin. The commissioners have passed a plan for a booze factory along breakwater road. Bottling and tasting plant.

Perfect place to collect a bottle of wine whilst waiting for the water taxi to take me to my Hotel...

PA16/00527 if anyone wants to look it up.

http://www.porterin.gov.im/s.nl/sc.15/category.5/ctype.SS/SS.5/.f

https://services.gov.im/planningapplication/services/planning/planningapplicationdetails.iom?ApplicationReferenceNumber=16%2F00527%2FC

For the actual links just for laziness.

• 6 months later...

So it looks like this has suddenly caught fire, lots of fire engines down here, smoke is billowing out, seems too many to be a training exercise.

I didn't know it had been converted to an Hotel, when did this happen?

• Like 5