Big Boat in the Bay

dilligaf

2 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Well if they test and isolate perhaps this disease would not be interfering with our day to day life, only if they suspect they have picked it up of course.

Difficult equation. Clearly if they did test and isolate now in my opinion it would interfere with our day to day life. More people would be of work and more resturants , coffee shops and general shops would be affected . So would all the self employed professions which keep so much of our infrastructure going .  

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Well if they test and isolate perhaps this disease would not be interfering with our day to day life, only if they suspect they have picked it up of course.

Fine f you get unlimited sickness absence like government workers not if you’re self employed, building etc.

Also lots of government workers don’t bother with the isolation just stay off work 

• Like 1

Star Pride currently docked at the Harbour. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Pride

Seems they managed to negotiate the randomly enforced covid requirements. 

Vos Stone also at anchor off Douglas Head.  Offshore supply vessel, I think working on the windfarms.  I've seen it here a few times before (or very similar vessels).

https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/VOS-STONE-IMO-9730517-MMSI-244030181

• Thanks 1

On 7/4/2022 at 5:07 PM, Banker said:

Fine f you get unlimited sickness absence like government workers not if you’re self employed, building etc.

Also lots of government workers don’t bother with the isolation just stay off work 

Unlimited sickness? Are you sure? 

4 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Star Pride currently docked at the Harbour. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Pride

Seems they managed to negotiate the randomly enforced covid requirements. 

Vos Stone also at anchor off Douglas Head.  Offshore supply vessel, I think working on the windfarms.  I've seen it here a few times before (or very similar vessels).

https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/VOS-STONE-IMO-9730517-MMSI-244030181

TS Tenacious at the outer breakwater in Peel today - only launched in year 2000

image.thumb.png.88db159e372d2496ec062e2c554eb899.png

• Like 4

I know people who have had Covid twice but I doubt if they would get away with it for six months come back for a few days and then fall ill again.    Having said that I know of a government employee that went skiing got injured then had six months off on full pay and was complaining that they had to return to work because they were being put on half pay and could not manage.   Whether they had an insurance claim as well I do not know but for anyone to go skiing without travel insurance would be a bit silly.   

2 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I know people who have had Covid twice but I doubt if they would get away with it for six months come back for a few days and then fall ill again.    Having said that I know of a government employee that went skiing got injured then had six months off on full pay and was complaining that they had to return to work because they were being put on half pay and could not manage.   Whether they had an insurance claim as well I do not know but for anyone to go skiing without travel insurance would be a bit silly.   

Ingrained culture.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, finlo said:

That's the reset criteria for many private organisations also.

Eh?  Are you saying - as @Banker did - that a govt. employee could go off sick on, for example, full pay for five months, come back to work for a couple of days, and then start again - ie be entitled to start off another 6 months absence on full pay?

I worked as a manager in the UK NHS for 25 years and one of my various responsibilities was monitoring sickness absence across my trust.  What @Banker was suggesting could not happen in the UK public sector and I'd be absolutely gobsmacked if the situation were different in the IoM public sector.  (I'd be even more surprised if it happened in the private sector... )

Are you telling me that that is how it works in the IoM?  Or is it an anti-public sector myth or "misunderstanding"?

8 hours ago, Ghost Ship said:

No.  I think what @Happier diner was challenging was the assertion that "... come back at anytime for a few days it then restarts!"  I doubt that that is true.

8 hours ago, finlo said:

That's the reset criteria for many private organisations also.

As far as I know it's 1 year reset for CSs. Someone on here might know better than me though.