Big Boat in the Bay

dilligaf

6 hours ago, Passing Time said:

who the actual fuck signed off on this vanity project?

What is your definition of a vanity project? These gates were fabricated and installed in-house. I believe the job was determined as necessary several years ago, and certainly did not involve political sign-off. The gates are needed in law, and are helpful for other activities. How much would you expect galvanised gates to cost i.e. is £3000 more than your estimate?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chris Thomas said:

What is your definition of a vanity project? These gates were fabricated and installed in-house. I believe the job was determined as necessary several years ago, and certainly did not involve political sign-off. The gates are needed in law, and are helpful for other activities. How much would you expect galvanised gates to cost i.e. is £3000 more than your estimate?

Its a pity you couldn't have replaced the railings at Braddan Bridge in house , they only required repairing  chipping and painting when the tree came down near the old church , but the whole lot replaced  but the new ones cost a pretty penny to , no wonder there is nothing left for road repairs 

Just now, Omobono said:

Its a pity you couldn't have replaced the railings at Braddan Bridge in house , they only required repairing  chipping and painting when the tree came down near the old church , but the whole lot replaced  but the new ones cost a pretty penny to , no wonder there is nothing left for road repairs 

How much did it cost then? Seemed a good job.

2 hours ago, Chris Thomas said:

Even you are not that dim… or are you? Something not needed but installed as somebody’s wet dream equals vanity project. You seem to have no grasp on the concept “wasting money” Jeez, no wonder the Island is in the state it is.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Chris Thomas said:

@Chris Thomas

Who decided which regulation made the gates a necessity?

It seems to me that more and more areas where we have taken access as a given are being excluded from us.

A small cruiser was moored up in Peel which meant that gates were put up to restrict public access. Including a police presence.

Why?

2 minutes ago, P.K. said:

@Chris Thomas

Who decided which regulation made the gates a necessity?

It seems to me that more and more areas where we have taken access as a given are being excluded from us.

A small cruiser was moored up in Peel which meant that gates were put up to restrict public access. Including a police presence.

Why?

Don’t wait up for an answer PK, he’ll head back to the shadows again now.

In all truth, this is probably just one more example of a project that seemed necessary at the time (2017) but got postponed and postponed..then suddenly someone remembered it hadn’t been done..by which point it was no longer needed at all, but there was £3k spare anyway..and it gave the lads something to do afterall..

The government and and civil service are often so detached from reality that they don’t see or understand that things change constantly and what is “vital” one minute can be history the next. If they weren’t so focused on pandering to the vocal minority and actually applying some critical faculty they may stand a chance of stopping pointless projects like this.

• Like 5