Big Boat in the Bay

dilligaf

6 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I don't think they should spend £100m on a fancy dock. Tenders as now are fine.

It's not just direct benefit to the exchequer though, so what if they just have a coffee and a cake, that's another sale for private business when they need every sale they can get.

Hello there

Neither am I, but if you have zero cruise passengers then you have zero chance of it working.

I just find the relentless negativity absurd. Shut down the trains, knock down the Laxey Wheel, ban cruise ships, ban old people, ban the TT, its like some people want fuck all every happening ever. Crackers.

This. ☝️

Edited by daisy

40 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

People like Daft Daphne... who are so quick to penalise all of us for making carbons, but who actively encourage this kind of thing. Hypocrites you could say.

You’re right, at same time we can’t even get water fountains at airport or sea terminal!! Airport situation is ridiculous, queue at Costa for a cup of water or buy a very overpriced plastic bottle of water at shop! Only airport I’ve been to without one

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Banker said:

You’re right, at same time we can’t even get water fountains at airport or sea terminal!! Airport situation is ridiculous, queue at Costa for a cup of water or buy a very overpriced plastic bottle of water at shop! Only airport I’ve been to without one

I'm fairly certain they purposely don't even have cold water taps in the toilets for this very reason.   

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

I'm fairly certain they purposely don't even have cold water taps in the toilets for this very reason.   

I did complain about this & was told to use taps in toilets! It’s impossible to get a bottle under them without touching the taps, who would risk that and water is not cold enough 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Banker said:

I did complain about this & was told to use taps in toilets! It’s impossible to get a bottle under them without touching the taps, who would risk that and water is not cold enough 

It’s probably simple exercise to do, to fit a few water fountains delivering cold fresh water so passengers can fill water bottles. Sadly it’s the Isle of Man, where you can …………. not do anything, or over complicate things. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2112 said:

It’s probably simple exercise to do, to fit a few water fountains delivering cold fresh water so passengers can fill water bottles. Sadly it’s the Isle of Man, where you can …………. not do anything, or over complicate things. 

@Stu Peters any chance we can have a couple of these fitted there? 

IMG_4916.jpeg

• Like 1