RJ Reynolds told to pay wife of cancer victim $23.6bn

malebrain

I was thinking about suing Snap on tools, as no one warned me that it would hurt if I hit myself round the head with their hammer.

Why would you do that? It's akin to saying the award was made for lost eyesight as a result of sticking lit cigarettes into the eyes.

King James I of England (VI of Scotland) wrote that smoking cigarette was bad for you back in the early 17th century. That it is bad for you is not some sudden revelation. I'm against these companies because of the things they add to the cigarettes, but the pay-out here is ridiculously excessive and I'm sure this will go through various appeals until a reduced amount is agreed to, or else perhaps it could even end up at the Supreme Court.

I was thinking about suing Snap on tools, as no one warned me that it would hurt if I hit myself round the head with their hammer.

Why would you do that? It's akin to saying the award was made for lost eyesight as a result of sticking lit cigarettes into the eyes.

Or that the award was made because someone was stupid enough not to realise that smoking was probably going to cause them harm!

Archived