Israel vs. the rest of the world?

spook

5 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

If Putin wins in Ukraine, Nato might as well pack up and go home. If the West really put their mind to it there's no chance that Putin could prevail. They need to keep turning the screw until it gets too hot for him and he finally gets the message. Call his bluff if it comes to it. Ukraine cannot be allowed to fall to Soviet era dictatorship. 

They certainly need to toughen up the sanctions, all manner of things are being circumvented, from fees paid to Russia for ongoing supply of LNG to supply of luxury cars (British) to Russia. Putin must be pissing himself laughing.

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

They certainly need to toughen up the sanctions, all manner of things are being circumvented, from fees paid to Russia for ongoing supply of LNG to supply of luxury cars (British) to Russia. Putin must be pissing himself laughing.

I don't believe that Russia needs the west, it has plenty of friendly markets and is big enough to survive any sanctions placed on it! A Russian friend of mine told me that instead of buying western goods and services, it is growing its own economy and in general, the Russians haven't noticed any problems. A few Range Rovers and BMWs are not exactly important.

19 hours ago, HeliX said:

Probably had a Hamas Command Centre in his shoes to be fair.

Erm ... I always try to be aware of my biases but something feels wrong about this video. 

It is a very challenging issue. 

There is no doubt that the civilian population of Gaza have been subjected to terrible crimes. 

I fully admit that. But this video is odd. I'm not sure about it. 

As I say I fully admit there have been terrible crimes. But acknowledging that doesn't mean I have to accept every video as true. 

Thoughts?

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

Erm ... I always try to be aware of my biases but something feels wrong about this video. 

There is no doubt that the civilian population of Gaza have been subjected to terrible crimes. 

As I say I fully admit there have been terrible crimes. But acknowledging that doesn't mean I have to accept every video as true. 

Thoughts?

It pushes a few too many buttons doesn't it and feels a bit hokey. I'm not sure I believe it either. The propaganda is very clever and manipulative; mocked up using very persuasive techniques. Probably in a hotel room in Quatar.

14 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Wonder where this healthy skepticism was when Israel was claiming 40 beheaded babies, pregnant women dissected, babies thrown in ovens and mass rape.

A photo of a baby dead on its changing table clearly shot in the head but with the details smudged out was released early in the aftermath. 

That, and seeing actual footage of the terrorists excitedly discussing how their slaughter of kibbutzim would encourage a general slaughter, was more than enough for me to understand the nature of these murderous attacks and understand why the result would be general war against the organisation that had planned it in such meticulous detail. 

I'm not surprised at all that a house by house street by street campaign has been necessary. That is the nature of a battle against an ideologically fanatical enemy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chinahand said:

Thoughts?

Maybe Pallywood is getting better. Most of their fake videos were pretty abysmal so far.

10 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

A photo of a baby dead on its changing table clearly shot in the head but with the details smudged out was released early in the aftermath. 

That, and seeing actual footage of the terrorists excitedly discussing how their slaughter of kibbutzim would encourage a general slaughter, was more than enough for me to understand the nature of these murderous attacks and understand why the result would be general war against the organisation that had planned it in such meticulous detail. 

I'm not surprised at all that a house by house street by street campaign has been necessary. That is the nature of a battle against an ideologically fanatical enemy. 

They were all knowing and intentional lies designed to manufacture consent for Israel to commit its own atrocities, knowing full well that by the time they were revealed as lies it would be too late to un-bomb civilians, hospitals and refugee camps.

14 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

Did you see the NYT article written by american doctors the other week about kids shot in the head? 

• Like 1