Israel vs. the rest of the world?

spook

I agree But Hamas is only one element of the Palestinian political environment.

A tad disingenuous there Mr C, as per.

In Gaza Hamas control the militia, control the strategy and control the funding. Hamas ARE the political environment in Gaza.

Big PR play on a school being hit in Gaza this PM. Being sensitive to the negative PR the IDF would only have targeted with due cause. Too much damage to be a swinger that ALWAYS happens - see http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-26511743 for a recent example.

With the bomb shelters they have provided for the general populace Israel is ALWAYS going to lose "the suffering of the innocents" PR campaign....

• Like 1

A brief interlude for some lovely Israeli music

Yerushalayim Shel Zahav (Jerusalem of Gold), written by Naomi Shemer, sang by Shuly Nathan.

For someone who isn't jewish you have a lot of love to give them

It has always fascinated me how one culture, arguably more than any other, could produce such great music. Perhaps it's something to do with centuries of persecution. So many of the greatest musicians, composers, and performers of the 20th century for instance, come out of the modern Jewish diaspora, and in particular the Jewish emigration to America.

It has always fascinated me how one culture, arguably more than any other, could produce such great music. Perhaps it's something to do with centuries of persecution. So many of the greatest musicians, composers, and performers of the 20th century for instance, come out of the modern Jewish diaspora, and in particular the Jewish emigration to America.

I would argue that the Mancunian culture has produced better and more defining music.

So many of the greatest musicians, composers, and performers of the 20th century for instance, come out of the modern Jewish diaspora, and in particular the Jewish emigration to America.

Leonard Cohen - the Yom Kippur war.

• Like 1