Israel vs. the rest of the world?

spook

1 minute ago, HeliX said:

You can't accuse me of bias and then share a video by Sam Harris!

The Gaza Health Ministry figures are vetted and confirmed by umpteen outside agencies. Israel themselves have previously declared them accurate. Israel's figures are vetted and confirmed by... nobody except Israel. There's your reason to believe Hamas' figures over Israel's.

I was prepared to take you seriously until you said that. You don't like Sam Harris then, Is that because he doesn't agree with your narrative?

Just now, Max Power said:

I was prepared to take you seriously until you said that. You don't like Sam Harris then, Is that because he doesn't agree with your narrative?

No, it's becuase he's an Islamophobe, so clearly he's not going to be unbiased on Israel/Palestine.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HeliX said:

Is your memory that short that you don't remember we've discussed this a dozen times?

And yet you still won't accept the truth...

Just now, P.K. said:

And yet you still won't accept the truth...

The truth is that hundreds of thousands of Palestinians had been forcibly removed from their homes and land by Zionists prior to 1948.

Just now, HeliX said:

The truth is that hundreds of thousands of Palestinians had been forcibly removed from their homes and land by Zionists prior to 1948.

The catalyst was the UN adopting the partition of Palestine in 1947.

After that what followed was pretty much bound to happen. It should have been obvious to the UN but apparently not.

Next!

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, P.K. said:

The catalyst was the UN adopting the partition of Palestine in 1947.

After that what followed was pretty much bound to happen. It should have been obvious to the UN but apparently not.

Next!

It was the Arab League's fault a moment ago. Shall we just skip the bollocks and say there's no fair way to gift a load of land away from a people without them having any say in it, and that having the colonising entity steal their land and homes and evict and kill many of them is not going to foster good relations?

Perhaps the Zionists shouldn't have done that.

Not that this really has any baring on the truth that Israel's behaviour is abhorrent, is full of war crimes, and they shouldn't be doing it.

Edited by HeliX

25 minutes ago, HeliX said:

No, it's becuase he's an Islamophobe, so clearly he's not going to be unbiased on Israel/Palestine.

It's very difficult not to be an 'Islamophobe' sometimes, if that means opposing much of what many of them want and believe. To write off his opinions based on the fact that he doesn't support an evil death cult is worrying. Not all muslims are evil, just the ones who call for the death of Jews and non believers I guess? 

11 minutes ago, Max Power said:

It's very difficult not to be an 'Islamophobe' sometimes, if that means opposing much of what many of them want and believe. To write off his opinions based on the fact that he doesn't support an evil death cult is worrying. Not all muslims are evil, just the ones who call for the death of Jews and non believers I guess? 

I didn't write off his opinions, I said you can't claim I'm biased and then share a video of what an Islamophobe thinks about the Israel/Palestine conflict. The rest of my post addressed the point you were making about casualty numbers.

49 minutes ago, HeliX said:

It was the Arab League's fault a moment ago. Shall we just skip the bollocks and say there's no fair way to gift a load of land away from a people without them having any say in it, and that having the colonising entity steal their land and homes and evict and kill many of them is not going to foster good relations?

Perhaps the Zionists shouldn't have done that.

Not that this really has any baring on the truth that Israel's behaviour is abhorrent, is full of war crimes, and they shouldn't be doing it.

The Jews took full advantage of what the UN offered and after the Holocaust thatshouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. Even you...

I wondered when the "war crimes" would arrive. Hamas committed some heinous acts. Aren't you glad that the IDF are trying to wipe out that disgusting bunch of terrorists...? 

And if not, why not...?

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, P.K. said:

The Jews took full advantage of what the UN offered and after the Holocaust thatshouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. Even you...

I wondered when the "war crimes" would arrive. Hamas committed some heinous acts. Aren't you glad that the IDF are trying to wipe out that disgusting bunch of terrorists...? 

And if not, why not...?

The region might be quite different if "taking advantage of what the UN offered" wasn't code for "foricbly displaced hundreds of thousands of people".

Obviously fewer terrorists is a good thing. Unfortunately what Israel's doing will have the opposite result to that. And they're terrorising a population of a couple million people whilst not achieving anything positive.

Edited by HeliX

4 hours ago, HeliX said:

The region might be quite different if "taking advantage of what the UN offered" wasn't code for "foricbly displaced hundreds of thousands of people".

I have already pointed out how the Arab League were just as much to blame for the inevitable result as the UN.

However it doesn't fit your agenda so naturally...

4 hours ago, HeliX said:

Obviously fewer terrorists is a good thing. Unfortunately what Israel's doing will have the opposite result to that. And they're terrorising a population of a couple million people whilst not achieving anything positive.

You don't think the destruction of the terrorist organisation Hamas is a positive outcome!

Dear me.

Face reality. What the IDF is doing will not change the Palestinian inbred hatred of Israel one iota....

13 hours ago, HeliX said:

they're terrorising a population of a couple million people whilst not achieving anything positive.

We already know that some things you just refuse to acknowledge...

8 hours ago, HeliX said:

The sentence before that one.

Why is it you don't understand this?

20 hours ago, P.K. said:

Face reality. What the IDF is doing will not change the Palestinian inbred hatred of Israel one iota....