Israel vs. the rest of the world?

spook

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Yeah but if you use the 'who was there first' argument, then actually it was the Jews.  Remember Jesus et al?  That was all in Israel.  Prior to that the Assyrians did it to the Jews (Israelites), who then came back around pre-Roman times.  Before once again being forced out by the Ottomans. 

Screenshot2024-03-2400_51_06.png.c4ce780cf956047bbd5215dd95b49363.png

Imagine a drunk guy guy is removed from a bar, turns up a few hours later, gives the whole "you're sat in my fucking table". Starts throwing punchs at the women sat there.

As a side, parts of England used to 99% white. Now some are comprised almost entirely of foreigners. Tower Hamlets, Newham etc.

Would people support a bloody reconquista in these places too? Or is it only OK when jews do it? 

Edited by HeteroErectus
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, HeteroErectus said:

Screenshot2024-03-2400_51_06.png.c4ce780cf956047bbd5215dd95b49363.png

Imagine a drunk guy guy is removed from a bar, turns up a few hours later, gives the whole "you're sat in my fucking table". Starts throwing punchs at the women sat there.

As a side, parts of England used to 99% white. Now some are comprised almost entirely of foreigners. Tower Hamlets, Newham etc.

Would you support a bloody reconquista in these places too? Or is it only OK when jews do it? 

Love the cartoon.

In response to your question.  Not really.  I don't support what Israel are currently doing although I can certainly appreciate why they started it.  I was just pointing out the historical Jews in/Jews out situation of the region.  Most people only look back to the mid 1900s and blame the UK/US for kicking out the Arabs and allowing the Jews to come back in.  It's literally been going on for 1000s of years.  

Edited by The Phantom
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Love the cartoon.

In response to your question.  Not really.  I don't support what Israel are currently doing although I can certainly appreciate why they started it.  I was just pointing out the historical Jews in/Jews out situation of the region.  Most people only look back to the mid 1900s and blame the UK/US for kicking out the Arabs and allowing the Jews to come back in. 

Sure. I think we talked through this point a while back. Even P.Kleinbergstein agreed there has to be a statute of limitations, of sorts, for how retrospectively we can reclaim land as our own. In 2024, Could Italy retake Londinium? Spain retake the cities it built around South America etc. 

I suppose this a central point of this whole thread. If jews can reclaim the land now. What's to stop the Muslims attempting the same for the next century too? At some point, everyone needs to chil tf out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HeteroErectus said:

Sure. I think we talked through this point a while back. Even P.Kleinbergstein agreed there has to be a statute of limitations, of sorts, for how retrospectively we can reclaim land as our own. In 2024, Could Italy retake Londinium? Spain retake the cities it built around South America etc. 

I suppose this a central point of this whole thread. If jews can reclaim the land now. What's to stop the Muslims attempting the same for the next century too? At some point, everyone needs to chil tf out.

Can Norway come claim the IOM back please?

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Love the cartoon.

In response to your question.  Not really.  I don't support what Israel are currently doing although I can certainly appreciate why they started it.  I was just pointing out the historical Jews in/Jews out situation of the region.  Most people only look back to the mid 1900s and blame the UK/US for kicking out the Arabs and allowing the Jews to come back in.  It's literally been going on for 1000s of years.  

Kicking the Jews out was wrong thousands of years ago. Kicking the Palestinians out is wrong now. You can't fix a wrong by doing another wrong.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HeteroErectus said:

The Neanderthals will be wanting Europe back... 

Most Jewish immigration to Israel came from Middle Eastern countries not Eastern Europe. Eastern European jews were mainly murdered in the Holocaust, those from Middle Eastern countries were driven out by Arab governments. 

All had aspired to return to Jerusalem for millennia and kept that as a central part of their cultural identity. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

Most Jewish immigration to Israel came from Middle Eastern countries not Eastern Europe. Eastern European jews were mainly murdered in the Holocaust, those from Middle Eastern countries were driven out by Arab governments. 

All had aspired to return to Jerusalem for millennia and kept that as a central part of their cultural identity. 

I’m not sure you are correct.

There are 9.3 million Jews in Israel, give or take.

There were 5 waves of immigration ( Aaliyah’s ) from Eastern Europe from the late 1800’s to the British putting a halt to it in the late 1930’s.

Then after WW2 its true that there was a large migration from the Middle East, but there was constant and substantial migration of Holocaust survivors and from USSR where there hadn’t been a Holocaust but Jews were denied religious freedom. I think there were a million during the Cold War, and another million in the 1990’s under Gorbachev.

Add to that 20-30,000 Ethiopian Jews. 

Aliyah 1 35,000 Russians   1880-1900

Aliyah 2  40,000 Russians & Eastern Europeans 1900 - 1914

Aliyah 3  40,000. Russians & Eastern Europeans 1919 - 1924

Aliyah 4. 128,000 Polish, Romanian & Russian. 1925 - 1929

Aliyah 5 250,000 Eastern European then German & Austrian 1930 - 1939

At end WW2 the Jewish population was about 650,000 and was 90% Russian, East European and German/Austrian.

Post War and Arab Israeli War 680,000, majority from displaced persons camps in Europe, about 100,000 were from Arab countries 1948-1953

240,000 from North Africa between 1954 and 1965 and 50,000 from Poland 1956-1960

Its reckoned that 1948 to mid 1970’s the numbers from each region were 

Arab & North Africa 650,000

Iran 70,000

Romania 120,000

Russia 1968-89 140,000

Russia 1991 to 2013 1,000.000

Russia 2014 to 2020 140.000

There are 100,00+ from South America, Argentina, Uruguay and Venezuela 

France 200,000

USA 250,000

If Netanyahu was the PM of some (West) European country, the liberal world would have turned against him and his cronies a long time ago, but as the PM of Israel he seemingly carries on carte blanche…“By attacking and undermining the ICC, Israel has proved again it is a state gone rogue".

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/article/2024/may/29/icc-israel-state-benjamin-netanyahu

"The truth is, Israel under Netanyahu’s leadership, at a moment of truly dreadful national trauma, has gone rogue. It will not begin to heal until he, like the leaders of Hamas, is made to answer for his actions in a court of law".

1 hour ago, code99 said:

If Netanyahu was the PM of some (West) European country, the liberal world would have turned against him and his cronies a long time ago, but as the PM of Israel he seemingly carries on carte blanche…“By attacking and undermining the ICC, Israel has proved again it is a state gone rogue".

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/article/2024/may/29/icc-israel-state-benjamin-netanyahu

"The truth is, Israel under Netanyahu’s leadership, at a moment of truly dreadful national trauma, has gone rogue. It will not begin to heal until he, like the leaders of Hamas, is made to answer for his actions in a court of law".

Every sovereign nation has a right to defend itself.

The Germans started WW2 by attacking their neighbours. The war ended when Germany was defeated, crushed and occupied. Was that response proportionate?

The IDF are now closing their net around Rafah. The last bastion of Hamas.

The only argument could possibly be if the Israeli response was proportionate?

In my experience that one will run and run...

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

Every sovereign nation has a right to defend itself.

The Germans started WW2 by attacking their neighbours. The war ended when Germany was defeated, crushed and occupied. Was that response proportionate?

The IDF are now closing their net around Rafah. The last bastion of Hamas.

The only argument could possibly be if the Israeli response was proportionate?

In my experience that one will run and run...

With all due respect I cannot agree with you – people from across the world demand ‘the Nuremberg trials’ against Netanyahu, the leaders of Hamas, etc, etc. This is what the ICC is for. As always, time will tell.

6 minutes ago, code99 said:

With all due respect I cannot agree with you – people from across the world demand ‘the Nuremberg trials’ against Netanyahu, the leaders of Hamas, etc, etc. This is what the ICC is for. As always, time will tell.

I guess we'll find out.

Assuming, of course, they submit themselves to the ICC...