Israel vs. the rest of the world?

spook

Just now, P.K. said:

Looks to me that it's based on the fact that Gaza is not a sovereign state.

Which, let's face it, are pretty feeble grounds...

Does Israel think Gaza is a sovereign state?

1 hour ago, HeliX said:

Clearly not. So not sure why they believe they have a right to defend themselves against Gaza under UN Article 51.

So what would be your response to the brutal assault?

"Errr we had better not retaliate as Hamas is not part of a nation" or something...?

Really your latest premise is even more detached from reality...

Posted (edited)

I do agree with this Xcreet but at the same time it is a huge failure not to raise Israel's actions in the Occupied Territories where pass laws and restrictions are legion and sections of the politico-military establishment do encourage illegal settlement and displacement of the original inhabitants. 

The fact Israel has democratically grappled with finding a land for peace compromise while experiencing mass terrorism is also something most anti-Zionist activists are incredibly naive about, but the failures of Israeli politics especially in their actions in the occupied territories is a huge problem and Dr MacEoin should have been open about it. However, Israel's policy making even in the area of its greatest failure is orders of magnitudes better than Hamas. 

Edited by Chinahand
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Chinahand said:

the failures of Israeli politics especially in their actions in the occupied territories is a huge problem and Dr MacEoin should have been open about it.

He did write it in 2011. Israel's behaviour was still apparent then, mind, but wonder what his thoughts on Israel would be today. Certainly his comments about there being no genocide in Gaza might not have been the same. No surprise that Hillel fails to inform his audience of when it was written, he is an awful person.

Edited by HeliX

Well, Israel has cut the illegal supply routes into Gaza, meaning the flow of arms to hamas and its affiliates will be greatly restricted, and putting Israel in a strong position with its new peace deal proposal.

I imagine the marchers in London today will be calling on hamas to accept this deal, they are marching for a ceasefire,  right?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hoopsaa said:

Well, Israel has cut the illegal supply routes into Gaza, meaning the flow of arms to hamas and its affiliates will be greatly restricted, and putting Israel in a strong position with its new peace deal proposal.

I imagine the marchers in London today will be calling on hamas to accept this deal, they are marching for a ceasefire,  right?

What deal?

Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2024 at 6:01 PM, P.K. said:

Every sovereign nation has a right to defend itself.

Yet in another thread you decry and ridicule the notion of sovereignty.

From yourself May 16  “ Brexit penny dropping”thread

Ah yes, "sovereignty" - the last refuge of a scoundrel...

Edited by The Voice of Reason
Addition of second half of post

36 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Yet in another thread you decry and ridicule the notion of sovereignty.

From yourself May 16  “ Brexit penny dropping”thread

Ah yes, "sovereignty" - the last refuge of a scoundrel...

Not to defend PK in my designated thread for fighting with him, but I suspect the point being made there is that the UK had plenty of sovreignty inside the EU.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Not to defend PK in my designated thread for fighting with him, but I suspect the point being made there is that the UK had plenty of sovreignty inside the EU.

Well if EU law had supremacy over UK domestic law  ( which it did) it’s hard ( well impossible) to argue that the UK had any sovereignty within the EU.

Anyway that has been debated on these pages for many a long time.

Edited by The Voice of Reason
Last para deleted