Israel vs. the rest of the world?

spook

6 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Still waiting to see your link to Hamas proposals for a sustainable long term peace plan and an equitable two-state solution. The links you've posted are merely for a temporary ceasefire from which they can regroup, recruit and redouble for the next phase of the struggle. Of course they want a ceasefire while the IDF are giving them a pasting.  

The very first link I gave you:

MdQLzzC.png

But here's a longer-form piece on that particular sticking point:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-68971818

Netanyahu has repeatedly stated "There is no other solution but a complete and final victory", and you believe that it's Hamas being intransigent.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Still waiting to see your link to Hamas proposals for a sustainable long term peace plan and an equitable two-state solution. The links you've posted are merely for a temporary ceasefire from which they can regroup, recruit and redouble for the next phase of the struggle. Of course they want a ceasefire while the IDF are giving them a pasting.  

The IDF don't want Hamas to surrender, that much is obvious.

4 minutes ago, HeliX said:

The very first link I gave you:

MdQLzzC.png

But here's a longer-form piece on that particular sticking point:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-68971818

Netanyahu has repeatedly stated "There is no other solution but a complete and final victory", and you believe that it's Hamas being intransigent.

You've had your chance Helix. Them's just weasel words and propaganda as usual from the Palestinians. A short term parlay for long term advantage. If you believe all that then you're thicker than I thought. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

You've had your chance Helix. Them's just weasel words and propaganda as usual from the Palestinians. A short term parlay for long term advantage. If you believe all that then you're thicker than I thought. 

You can't complain the Palestinians aren't trying to make peace and then choose to disbelieve any attempts to make peace. Unless you're just trying to hold onto your own worldview, in which case crack on but do it quietly.

• Like 1

Just now, Shake me up Judy said:

Why do I get the impression that no matter what Helix posted, you weren't going to be satisfied?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chinahand said:

Helix, compare the dates of your Hamas peace offers with when Hamas official were saying they'd happily repeat the terror attacks:

Google New Search: Hams we will do it again.

Hamas speaks with a forked tongue.

Considering how often the IDF keep boasting about the latest Hamas leader they have assassinated, who exactly are all these Hamas "officials" that keep making the news?

And please don't act like the Israeli Government are pure as freshly minted virgins, they have been documented committing war crimes in the Middle East for decades.  Turning up to the peace talks with a white phos grenade hidden behind their backs.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

Helix, compare the dates of your Hamas peace offers with when Hamas official were saying they'd happily repeat the terror attacks:

Google New Search: Hams we will do it again.

Hamas speaks with a forked tongue.

There are two dates that come up in those results, one recently where they were asked if they would still do Oct 7th were they to go back in time now, to which the answer is yes (note this isn't a declaration of intent to perform *future* actions), and one from Nov 2023.

1 hour ago, HeliX said:

You can't complain the Palestinians aren't trying to make peace and then choose to disbelieve any attempts to make peace. Unless you're just trying to hold onto your own worldview, in which case crack on but do it quietly.

@HeliX

So who is holding the Israeli hostages. Is it Hamas or the Palestinians?

Or both?

9 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Who's holding thousands of Palestinian detainees, often without trial or justification? Is it the IDF or Israelis or both?

Dear me teflon shoulders HeliX but that's bad even by your lamentable standards.

Please answer the question - if you know the answer of course. Because I'm not sure if Hamas actually represent the Gazan Palestinians because at the start of the conflict you went to great lengths to claim that the palestinians were innocent bystanders as to the actions of Hamas. Even pointing out voting figures etc.

So the situation is?

1 minute ago, P.K. said:

Dear me teflon shoulders HeliX but that's bad even by your lamentable standards.

Please answer the question - if you know the answer of course. Because I'm not sure if Hamas actually represent the Gazan Palestinians because at the start of the conflict you went to great lengths to claim that the palestinians were innocent bystanders as to the actions of Hamas. Even pointing out voting figures etc.

So the situation is?

What do you mean by represent? They're the Government, clearly. What level of support they have is probably unknowable now, given how much the region has changed since anyone was able to do any polling, but yes they didn't receive much support when there was last a vote.

How should anyone on MF know where the hostages are? Ostensibly they're held by Hamas. If I knew where they were I'd tell the IDF in the vain hope it'd stop them turning thousands of children into corpses. But it doesn't look like those in power in Israel give a shit about the hostages, evidenced by repeatedly turning down deals to free them, and the resulting protests in Israel accusing Netanyahu of sacrificing the hostages for political gain.

2 hours ago, HeliX said:

But it doesn't look like those in power in Israel give a shit about the hostages, evidenced by repeatedly turning down deals to free them, and the resulting protests in Israel accusing Netanyahu of sacrificing the hostages for political gain.

On the recent murders of six hostages, probably because the IDF were getting close to discovering them:

"A senior Hamas official, Izzat al-Rishq, insisted Israel was responsible for their deaths, as it has refused to sign a ceasefire deal."

Of course, the "ceasefire deal" put forward by Hamas has been done with the understanding that it will be totally unacceptable to Israel. In other words Hamas are simply playing the blame game to fool the gullible into condemning Israel for the continuation of the conflict.

Israel had a policy of "no negotiations with terrorists" because to do so would sort-of "legitamise" their aims and simply encourage more terrorism. So I'm coming round to the idea that degrading Hamas until they're no longer a threat for the forseeable future is the way to go.

Incidentally I thought this:

6 hours ago, HeliX said:

Because they know that won't stop Israel's ongoing occupation and oppression of Palestinian territory and the Palestinian people.

was particularly naive. So Hamas won't surrender because they exist to end the occupation and oppression of "Palestinian territory" that never actually existed in the first place. What total bolox. The same old same old "from the river to the sea" never in a gazillion years "justification" for keeping the conflict against Israel going ad infinitum.

The Arab League nations have a great deal to answer for...