Israel vs. the rest of the world?

spook

41 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Supply chain infiltration almost certainly.

But why wait till now? Certainly keeping their powder dry, they must have been sat on it for a while. They must have got wind they were planning something big imminently. 

1 hour ago, RecklessAbandon said:

AH yes, weaponising "every day items".

The Russians did that in Afghanistan, dropping bomblets that looked like dolls so kids would pick them up (apparently they have picked the practice up again since 2022 in Ukraine).

I wonder how that sits with the Geneva Convention (which Israel has a very iffy relationship with at the best of times).

Don't really have an opinion on the Geneva convention just think it's brilliant how co ordinated it all was.

15 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Don't really have an opinion on the Geneva convention just think it's brilliant how co ordinated it all was.

It's absolutely mind blowing that they've achieved this.  Mossad: questionable morals, but by god they're effective.  Makes you wonder how they missed the Hamas incursion that caused this. 

59 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

They didn't though. It couldn't have been more targeted. No one carries a pager these days, unless you are a Hezbollah terrorist. 

Firemen, lifeboats etc? But that's here and I'm being flippant.  

But the sourcing must have been interesting.  I wonder what front a terrorist organisation uses to purchase a few 1000 pagers and where did they get them from?  Was the supplier complicit or told to comply with Mossad lest be targeted for proliferation or terrorist financing?

2 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

They didn't though. It couldn't have been more targeted. No one carries a pager these days, unless you are a Hezbollah terrorist. 

It clearly wasn't targeted enough, as seen by the results. Thousands injured and several killed including children. It was impossible for Israel to know who was holding the pagers at the time of detonation, which makes it a contravention of the Geneva convention. Not that Israel gives a toss about the Geneva convention.

As for the noone carries a pager, one of the hospitals in Lebanon got rid of all of theirs very very recently. Good fortune or a tip?

Edit: should clarify it was an American hospital...

Edited by HeliX
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, HeliX said:

It clearly wasn't targeted enough, as seen by the results. Thousands injured and several killed including children. It was impossible for Israel to know who was holding the pagers at the time of detonation, which makes it a contravention of the Geneva convention. Not that Israel gives a toss about the Geneva convention.

As for the noone carries a pager, one of the hospitals in Lebanon got rid of all of theirs very very recently. Good fortune or a tip?

Hilariously a few months ago the Hezbollah leader told all his troops on TV that their mobile phones were a massive risk and ordered 1000s of pagers! 

Iran's Ambassador to Lebanon has also been mysteriously injured.  Why would he have a Hezbollah pager?