Israel vs. the rest of the world?

spook

Just now, The Phantom said:

I've made it clear on here I'm no fan of Israelis either. 

But there are certain unalienable truths in this world.  One of them is you don't fuck with Israel

It's not fair, I know. 

If Ham & Hez didn't instigate the most recent attacks, there wouldn't be 40k oopsie war casualties. 

No, there'd just still be the ongoing siege and occupation of their lands. The Hamas and Hezbollah attacks were utterly inevitable given the conditions Israel has deliberately created. And they will continue to be inevitable until those conditions change. Allowing Israel to treat Gaza as a brutal open air prison for 20 years is a failing of the west, too.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Interesting that a military power much less sophisticated than Israel (Iran) can accurately target a military site in a civilian area without causing any civilian casualties.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/cg4qx62kkxxt?post=asset%3A978aa6cd-1a1e-4728-a348-34dac820e0a5#post

But Israel can't do the same because reasons.

You seriously believe that?

It's because the Iranian missiles are inaccurate.  Iron dome is highly effective and all the Israeli's were in bomb shelters. 

I think Iran are imminently going to discover what happens when you play with fire. 

Maybe they should stop training up and exporting terrorists around the Middle East? 

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

You seriously believe that?

It's because the Iranian missiles are inaccurate.  Iron dome is highly effective and all the Israeli's were in bomb shelters. 

I think Iran are imminently going to discover what happens when you play with fire. 

Maybe they should stop training up and exporting terrorists around the Middle East? 

Have you seen the videos of them all landing? The Iron dome didn't seem to do much of anything for that barrage.

2 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Have you seen the videos of them all landing? The Iron dome didn't seem to do much of anything for that barrage.

Everyone, except you of course, knows "Iron Dome" can be overwhelmed.

Although I'm not sure at this point if Iron Dome failed because it's designed to deal with the nightly barrage of missiles from places like Gaza.

9 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Although I'm not sure at this point if Iron Dome failed because it's designed to deal with the nightly barrage of missiles from places like Gaza.

They can only load up so many anti missile missiles. Overwhelmed is correct.  

8 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

They can only load up so many anti missile missiles. Overwhelmed is correct.  

This is what I meant:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-20385306

@HeliX

Note : The system was developed after the 2006 "Summer War" between Israel and Hezbollah. The Lebanon-based armed group fired nearly 4,000 rockets into Israel, causing huge damage and killing dozens of citizens.

Edited by P.K.

37 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Obviously I know that, I was replying to a comment that insisted the Iron Dome was the reason for the lack of civilian casualties. It wasn't. Most of the ordnance landed.

28 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Obviously I know that, I was replying to a comment that insisted the Iron Dome was the reason for the lack of civilian casualties. It wasn't. Most of the ordnance landed.

The Israelis only intercept missiles headed for built up areas.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, P.K. said:

The Israelis only intercept missiles headed for built up areas.

Mossad HQ was hit in Tel-Aviv. Iran targeted military sites, and hit them without killing thousands of civilians. Shame Israel won't do the same.

1 hour ago, HeliX said:

In malls, schools and residential areas.

Mossad HQ was targeted along with two airforce bases  but they all landed 'nearby and no direct hits that I have seen.

Edited by The Phantom

29 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

In malls, schools and residential areas.

Mossad HQ was targeted along with two airforce bases  but they all landed 'nearby and no direct hits that I have seen.

That looks rather like a road not a school?

3 hours ago, HeliX said:

Mossad HQ was hit in Tel-Aviv. Iran targeted military sites, and hit them without killing thousands of civilians. Shame Israel won't do the same.

None of the targets were deliberately underground in populated areas - that's why...

Clutching at straws