Israel vs. the rest of the world?

spook

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

None of the targets were deliberately underground in populated areas - that's why...

Clutching at straws

Ah yes, like the underground command centre in Al Shifa Hospital that turned out not to fucking exist? Remember when you claimed they wouldn't strike a hospital? Funny times.

• Like 1

Just now, Chinahand said:

Your delusional. Multiple hostages have testified they were imprisoned under that hospital.

Some said they were treated there, I've not read any testimonies that they were held in a Hamas command and control centre under the hospital. Remember after entering the hospital with ground troops the best "proof" the IDF could provide was a couple of AK47s on a table? The average house in the States has more armament inside it.

I suppose we could count the "hostage rota sheet" that the IDF proclaimed they found, which was actually just a normal calendar showing the days of the week in Arabic, as evidence?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Some said they were treated there, I've not read any testimonies that they were held in a Hamas command and control centre under the hospital. Remember after entering the hospital with ground troops the best "proof" the IDF could provide was a couple of AK47s on a table? The average house in the States has more armament inside it.

I suppose we could count the "hostage rota sheet" that the IDF proclaimed they found, which was actually just a normal calendar showing the days of the week in Arabic, as evidence?

There was cctv of hostages being taken into the hospital.

In any event your comparisons between Iranian inaccurate rockets and Israeli precision bombing is completely flawed. You just cannot bring yourself to admit it...

1 minute ago, P.K. said:

There was cctv of hostages being taken into the hospital.

In any event your comparisons between Iranian inaccurate rockets and Israeli precision bombing is completely flawed. You just cannot bring yourself to admit it...

They took injured people to a hospital? The demons.

Why are "inaccurate rockets" able to destroy billions of dollars of F-35s without killing a single civilian, and "precision bombing" is unable to avoid killing hundreds per strike?

4 hours ago, HeliX said:

They took injured people to a hospital? The demons.

Why are "inaccurate rockets" able to destroy billions of dollars of F-35s without killing a single civilian, and "precision bombing" is unable to avoid killing hundreds per strike?

I'm not aware of the amount of damage caused by Iran's missiles as yet. But the answer to your question is very simple.

In the BBC piece I posted up, which you didn't bother reading, it stated that the likes of Iron Dome only strike at missiles aimed at built up areas. Makes sense. Of course, airfields are mostly a large open area ie not built up and thus make a very large target. Fire enough missiles and even over distance some are bound to hit somewhere within the perimeter.

The "smart" munitions used by the Israelis are guaranteed to hit a target within a couple of feet. As demonstrated by the strike that killed Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah where the target was bracketed by at least 6 seperate munitions all arriving pretty much simultaneously. Not something the Iranians are able to do.

Of course, if the target is an amoral bunch of murderous thugs deliberately embedded amongst the civilian population to use them as human shields then innocent casualties are unavoidable. Especially if they do not evacuate the target area when warned to as we have seen in Gaza.

You have already been told this umpteen times but still you drip and moan about it in a tiresome manner without coming up with a single viable alternative...

2 hours ago, P.K. said:

You have already been told this umpteen times but still you drip and moan about it in a tiresome manner without coming up with a single viable alternative...

I mean, no one knows what the plan is. Here's the foreign Minister of Jordan speaking to journalists at the UN yesterday "The Israeli prime minister came here today and said that Israel is surrounded by those who want to destroy it. 

I can tell you very unequivocally, all of us are willing to right now guarantee the security of Israel in the context of Israel ending the occupation and allowing for the emergence of an independent Palestinian state.

“If he does not want the two-state solution, can you ask the Israeli officials what is their endgame, other than just wars and wars and wars?"

And it's a fair point. What do they want?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HeliX said:

I can understand why you defend the civilian populations of Lebanon and Gaza.

I can understand but not agree with your defence of the Iranian proxy military units of Hez and Ham.  

However you are now justifying the fundamentalist Islamic regime of Iran?  Why don't you just go all in with their buddies, Vlad and Kim? 

The videos I've seen look more like a missile carpet bombing exercise.  I've seen shots of the F35 base, there is one hangar damaged no confirmation of whether an aircraft was inside. 

There will definately be some collateral damage on the Israeli side, 'zero' casualties is delusional. 

What about the two active shooters in Tel Aviv yesterday?  10 civilians dead.  One of the terrorists neutralised by a flip flop wearing Israeli reservist. 

Edited by The Phantom

3 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

And it's a fair point. What do they want?

Obviously that depends entirely on what coalition is in power in the Knesset at any given time...

But the idea that Iran will somehow stop funding and arming it's proxies is naive in the extreme...

Edited by P.K.

57 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

There will definately be some collateral damage on the Israeli side, 'zero' casualties is delusional. 

That's what Israel has stated.

To expand on the previous post, I disagree strongly with Iran bombing Israel too. As I do with any violence. But I do think it's a pretty stark contrast between Israel's wanton destruction of Gaza and Iran managing to hit only military targets in built up areas.

And obviously the active shooters in Tel Aviv are appalling, I'm not sure why you keep bringing stuff like this up seemingly expecting me to suddenly decide violence against civilians is anything but abhorrent?

1 hour ago, HeliX said:

But I do think it's a pretty stark contrast between Israel's wanton destruction of Gaza and Iran managing to hit only military targets in built up areas.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 hour ago, HeliX said:

And obviously the active shooters in Tel Aviv are appalling, I'm not sure why you keep bringing stuff like this up seemingly expecting me to suddenly decide violence against civilians is anything but abhorrent?

Maybe to demonstrate how dead in the water your "single" state "solution" is...?

17 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Maybe to demonstrate how dead in the water your "single" state "solution" is...?

Yeah the real concern there is whether Israelis want to live with a population that produces isolated active shooters rather than whether Palestinians should feel safe living with a population that supported 17,000 of their children being blown up.

57 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Yeah the real concern there is whether Israelis want to live with a population that produces isolated active shooters rather than whether Palestinians should feel safe living with a population that supported 17,000 of their children being blown up.

You just don't get the fact that Palestinians are dragged up to hate Israel and everything Jewish.

When the Iranian missiles fired at Israel made the news you can be sure that Palestinians the world over were celebrating.

You just can't reason with people like that...