Israel vs. the rest of the world?

spook

19 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

We all lose our rationality at points but, goodness, you are really wanting to claim some equivalence between Hamas and Israel on embedding military within civilian infrastructure. Sad. FB_IMG_1728135966235.jpg.24486a821c821bd545f1d28ae2b3d88a.jpg

The Qassam rockets Israel claims Hamas hides and launches from the houses of impoverished Palestinians are 2.5m long and 50kg, of course. They also claim Iran/Hezbollah are hiding (and launching!) cruise missiles many times that length and weight in the kitchens of citizens in southern Lebanon. It's bollocks of course.

Apparently there's no equivalence on embedding in civilian infrastructure because everything Israel does is fine, so no parallel can be drawn. 

That is one of the missiles fired at Israel from Iran.

It is not one of the munitions used by Hamas or Hizbollah against Israel. To suggest that the above could be one if those secreted amongst the population by Hamas or Hizbollah is laughable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Non-Believer said:

That is one of the missiles fired at Israel from Iran.

It is not one of the munitions used by Hamas or Hizbollah against Israel. To suggest that the above could be one if those secreted amongst the population by Hamas or Hizbollah is laughable.

I agree. Here's Israel claiming just that

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HeliX said:

But that missile depicted is also quite clearly smaller than the one shown as having landed in the desert, so could quite easily be concealed within civilian infrastructure. I don't quite understand what your point is.

9 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

But that missile depicted is also quite clearly smaller than the one shown as having landed in the desert, so could quite easily be concealed within civilian infrastructure. I don't quite understand what your point is.

"Easily". The amount of logistics required to launch that if it's currently in a civilian building would make it pointless. It's a bollocks lie by Israel to justify bombing civilians and their houses under their Dahiya doctrine.

48 minutes ago, HeliX said:

"Easily". The amount of logistics required to launch that if it's currently in a civilian building would make it pointless. It's a bollocks lie by Israel to justify bombing civilians and their houses under their Dahiya doctrine.

Why do they have to launch it in the building? It may just be being concealed there until the decision is taken to launch it from elsewhere, such as the street outside. If launched from within the room depicted, the backblast would probably kill the operator and inhabitants of the house.

If it is able to be manhandled into the building it can surely be manhandled out.

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

Why do they have to launch it in the building? It may just be being concealed there until the decision is taken to launch it from elsewhere, such as the street outside. If launched from within the room depicted, the backblast would probably kill the operator and inhabitants of the house.

I agree. Here's Israel claiming they're launching them from the houses

2 hours ago, HeliX said:

So this is just a lie is it. Just an excuse for Israel for no reason whatsoever to attack Lebanon because that is what Jews do for giggles. 

Really?

4 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

So this is just a lie is it. Just an excuse for Israel for no reason whatsoever to attack Lebanon because that is what Jews do for giggles. 

Really?

Why are you equating the behaviour of the amoral Benjamin Netanyahu with that of Jews? And yes, Israel has spent the last 11 months (and much longer) brazenly lying.

2 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

Stop being deliberately evasive. Are you saying this is not a Hezbollah missile in a civilian house as the IDF assert?

There's nothing that suggests it's a civilian house. But I'm sure the "40 beheaded babies" department wouldn't lie.