Israel vs. the rest of the world?

spook

It's quite possible that they're right. See my previous post. Jews entered India as far back as the 722 BC exile by the Assyrians. Like the Jews of the Roman Empire, the Jews of India no doubt intermarried with non-Jews who converted and thereby became amalgamated into the Jewish people. I see no reason why the same wouldn't have happened in India, which would explain why they look Indian and why Jews in the west can look western. Jews can't be put into a singular category like "religion" or "race" or "nation"; they're all three at the same time. It's why they're so diverse. Jews do not claim a racial purity; they're a nation who follow a religion, Judaism, and it's the religion which forms the basis of that identity.

Edited by Thomas Jefferson
  • Like 1

And your point is? If anything that strengthens the assertion that a Jewish person has a nationality of his own.

Israel has a fine reputation of welcoming Jewish people from wherever. The Ethiopian influx some years ago was one such just as Israel offers asylum to the genuinely oppressed no matter race colour or creed.

I must admit the more that I learn about Israel the more that I admire and respect the nation and it's people.

And your point is? If anything that strengthens the assertion that a Jewish person has a nationality of his own.

Israel has a fine reputation of welcoming Jewish people from wherever. The Ethiopian influx some years ago was one such just as Israel offers asylum to the genuinely oppressed no matter race colour or creed.

I must admit the more that I learn about Israel the more that I admire and respect the nation and it's people.

As someone who has travelled to Israel many times, as you like to tell us. As I have, although only twice mind. You will have seen how the Ethiopian influx of 'brothers' is looked upon by large sections of the population then. Not much love in that brotherhood. Or did you not notice that?

As someone who has travelled to Israel many times, as you like to tell us. As I have, although only twice mind. You will have seen how the Ethiopian influx of 'brothers' is looked upon by large sections of the population then. Not much love in that brotherhood. Or did you not notice that?

There are idiots and racists in every group.

There are idiots and racists in every group.

If it was a small minority I'd be inclined to believe you. From what I saw (and was confirmed to me while I was there by numerous members of my ex missus' family and friends) it's pretty endemic throughout Israeli society. African/Asian Jews are at the bottom of an informal caste system, even though they follow the same belief system and have made the move to their holy land to be with their brothers.

If it was a small minority I'd be inclined to believe you. From what I saw (and was confirmed to me while I was there by numerous members of my ex missus' family and friends) it's pretty endemic throughout Israeli society. African/Asian Jews are at the bottom of an informal caste system, even though they follow the same belief system and have made the move to their holy land to be with their brothers.

Oh, I do believe you. I did not say it was a small minority. It may even be a majority. I guess that gives me as a Manx person something in common with the African/Asian Jews -- we're all second class citizens in our own homeland.

I think that it's rather important to realise that in the same way that there are a number of sects in Christianity there are also a number of Sects in Judaism.

It's nothing like a caste system, it's more comparable with let us say the Exclusive Brethren at one extreme and the (you choose!) at the other. What's more there even are Jewish people who are atheists.

Such people are Jewish by roots, by family connection, by traditions, and by nationality, but who are secular in their thinking where The Lord is concerned.

I think that it's rather important to realise that in the same way that there are a number of sects in Christianity there are also a number of Sects in Judaism.

It's nothing like a caste system, it's more comparable with let us say the Exclusive Brethren at one extreme and the (you choose!) at the other. What's more there even are Jewish people who are atheists.

Such people are Jewish by roots, by family connection, by traditions, and by nationality, but who are secular in their thinking where The Lord is concerned.

What rubbish. You can't be Jewish by roots. It's exactly this kind of brain washing which is holding humanity back. You're born a free human being. It matters not what form of mind control or belief system your parents have, you aren't born with them, you acquire them. My grandmother was born from Jewish parents, my grandad wasn't. My father wasn't the least bit interested in religion and neither am I. However some idiot would have you believe that my dad was Jewish because his mum was. What absolute tripe.

Lxxx, in Judaism a person born of a Jewish mother is indeed a Jewish person. If they choose to adopt that religion is up to them but the inescapable FACT is that he is and will remain a Jewish person in the eyes of Hahaha law and Israeli law. If that person chosen to convert then that is his or her choice but the Judaistic link is never broken.

It is for this female linkage that while appearance between people can and does very, Sammy Davis Junior being a prime example, the solid immutable link to Judaism is present.

So, '80' if it was your maternal grandmother who was Jewish by descent then guess what.

So are you.

Edited by spook

Lxxx, in Judaism a person born of a Jewish mother is indeed a Jewish person. If they choose to adopt that religion is up to them but the inescapable FACT is that he is and will remain a Jewish person in the eyes of Hahaha law and Israeli law. If that person chosen to convert then that is his or her choice but the Judaistic link is never broken.

It is for this female linkage that while appearance between people can and does very, Sammy Davis Junior being a prime example, the solid immutable link to Judaism is present.

So, '80' if it was your maternal grandmother who was Jewish by descent then guess what.

So are you.

You really are symptomatic of the delusion that runs through all religion. Judaism is not a race as there is no common genetic ancestry. Therefore a person cannot be born 'Jewish.' It is a belief system that is acquired after birth. If you want to regurgitate the rubbish that religion spews then you're fine to, just as you're fine to believe it, but all you have done is acquire a form of mind control that has been perfected over thousands of years to keep that particular game going.

Edited by Lxxx

So are you.

You really are symptomatic of the delusion that runs through all religion. Judaism is not a race as there is no common genetic ancestry. Therefore a person cannot be born 'Jewish.' It is a belief system that is acquired after birth. If you want to regurgitate the rubbish that religion spews then you're fine to, just as you're fine to believe it, but all you have done is acquire a form of mind control that has been perfected over thousands of years to keep that particular game going.

80, All that I'm doing is explaining the Jewish law both spiritual and temporal as regards hereditary links.

So are you.

80, All that I'm doing is explaining the Jewish law both spiritual and temporal as regards hereditary links.

Spot on, as I've pointed out. You're repeating the mind control that religion has imprinted on humanity for generations.

What rubbish. You can't be Jewish by roots. It's exactly this kind of brain washing which is holding humanity back. You're born a free human being. It matters not what form of mind control or belief system your parents have, you aren't born with them, you acquire them. My grandmother was born from Jewish parents, my grandad wasn't. My father wasn't the least bit interested in religion and neither am I. However some idiot would have you believe that my dad was Jewish because his mum was. What absolute tripe.
Never mind. Edited by Thomas Jefferson

Judging by the increase in anti-semitism in the world and surprisingly at least to me in Europe

No surprise there. It is commensurate with the exponential growth of Islam in Europe and it will get worse. They are responsible for most of the anti-semitic attacks. Jews are copping for it now as all non-Muslims will in the future. The governments in Europe are engaged in a policy of appeasement of Islamist extremism and they are in total denial that they are going to lose control of their countries later this century. We are so civilised and so complacent that we cannot see when we are in mortal danger from within. In an inversion of reality, anyone who speaks the truth about this is considered to be the problem. Tolerance of intolerance is not tolerance at all.

• Thanks 1