Israel vs. the rest of the world?

spook

"As we've been reporting, the UN says Israeli forces have "repeatedly hit" UN positions in southern Lebanon in the last 24 hours, with two peacekeepers injured by Israeli tank fire.

A spokesperson for the UN peacekeeping mission UNIFIL tells the BBC it is "alarmed" and "deeply concerned" by the Israeli army's activity in the area where peacekeeping troops are based.

Andrea Tenenti says: "We've been deeply concerned for days or for months but now it's very serious because we are there to ensure stability, safety, to bring back stability that now doesn't exist.

"But targeting peacekeepers, it's a grave violation of international humanitarian law."

He says the positions that were hit were very well known as UN sites, adding that it's important to have a discussion with the Israeli authorities "to understand what happened"."

The BBC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Netanyahu’s messianic ‘visions’ are aimed at rousing internal revolutions in Lebanon and Iran. He is saying to the people of both Lebanon and Iran that either they rise up and remove their oppressive leaders, or Israel will use military force to remove them… with the destruction and loss of life by turning these countries into two new Gaza(s). Netanyahu pretends that he is offering to Lebanon and Iran a way to a better life. Personally, I think he wants justification to destroy his enemies, and for that reason alone, he is no different to them.  

Netanyahu could engender widespread animosity among peoples who up to this point have not hated Israel. As much as Westerners (me included) would welcome flourishing liberal democracies in the Middle East, that path will not occur if it is imposed by bullets, bombs and humanitarian suffering. History’s ‘futility of war’ lessons have apparently been lost.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

And in return a Gulf Arab alliance against Iran. 

Geopolitics is a big boys' game well beyond me. 

Israel knows only too well that just as Iran funded and raised Hamas in Gaza and Hezbollah in Lebanon it would try exactly the same tactic in the West Bank.

5 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Israel knows only too well that just as Iran funded and raised Hamas in Gaza and Hezbollah in Lebanon it would try exactly the same tactic in the West Bank.

Imagine how hard that would have been to achieve if Gaza wasn't an open air apartheid prison designed to slow genocide the occupants. 

• Like 1

Sarah Wilkinson -

Was... Graphic Designer.

Is... Working for Freedom and Justice in Palestine.

Wants... An End to the Illegal israeli Occupation of Palestine

Has she never heard of the UN Partition of the territory...?

You seem to be getting ever more desperate...

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

Sarah Wilkinson -

Was... Graphic Designer.

Is... Working for Freedom and Justice in Palestine.

Wants... An End to the Illegal israeli Occupation of Palestine

Has she never heard of the UN Partition of the territory...?

You seem to be getting ever more desperate...

Yes I am desperate for Israel to stop killing children actually thanks for noticing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, HeliX said:

Yes I am desperate for Israel to stop killing children actually thanks for noticing.

I'm sure you'll eventually realise that the world will be a better place when it's minus murderous thugs like Hamas and Hezbollah.

I'm a parent and to see the innocent suffer due to useless parents making stupid decisions is not on. But they're told to evacuate the target area and they decide to stay put with disastrous and inevitable consequences. There is nothing anyone can do against stupidity like that...

58 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I'm sure you'll eventually realise that the world will be a better place when it's minus murderous thugs like Hamas and Hezbollah.

I'm a parent and to see the innocent suffer due to useless parents making stupid decisions is not on. But they're told to evacuate the target area and they decide to stay put with disastrous and inevitable consequences. There is nothing anyone can do against stupidity like that...

"Deicide to stay put" yeah being on an incubator makes that not really a choice doesn't it you ghoul.