Israel vs. the rest of the world?

spook

I don’t think there is any “ right” in this whole mess.

But I don’t think you should also nail your colours to the mast of any side because it  has committed less, or less severe , atrocities than the other. It doesn't work like that.

We've had God knows how many pages on this forum with arguments between Helix, PK, and others, about who is the most just in this conflict. Plus all the geopolitical stuff.

For my part I’m sick of turning on the news each night, seeing reports of hospitals, schools etc being bombed and the loss of human life ( both children and adults), people being displaced suffering the loss of their homes, facing lack of essential supplies and the increase in diseases as a result.

It just needs to stop. And without taking sides, maybe the killing of Sinwar today maybe the catalyst for that. I don’t know but unfortunately I think probably not.

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I don’t think there is any “ right” in this whole mess.

No, there isn't. Its two gangs of religious fundamentalists trying to kill each other. Fucking assholes everywhere. 

One of my many problems with the whole shitshow is that one gang of religious fundamentalists is strongly supported by 'us', the supposedly free liberal democracies of the west. And that criticism of that support gets you in all kinds of bother, even though that support leads to sickening videoed events like hospitalised children being burnt alive. 

Edited by TheTeapot

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

No, there isn't. Its two gangs of religious fundamentalists trying to kill each other. Fucking assholes everywhere. 

One of my many problems with the whole shitshow is that one gang of religious fundamentalists is strongly supported by 'us', the supposedly free liberal democracies of the west. And that criticism of that support gets you in all kinds of bother, even though that support leads to sickening videoed events like hospitalised children being burnt alive. 

A sovereign nation as recognised by the UN suffered a brutal assault by a terrorist organisation. The sovereign nation then responded with the aim of destroying the terrorist organisation to make the world a better place.

The problem fighting an insurgency that embeds itself etc etc.

Netanyahu has said the war will go on because they want their hostages back and Hamas have never had any intention of surrendering. Netanyahu also stated that those who free any hostages they are holding will not be pursued. However those who kill their hostages will be dealt with. What you would call a clear message.

It's an opportunity of sorts I suppose.

Israel can stamp on as many of the roaches on the floor as it wants with no regard to any collateral; but it's futile when the supplying nests under the floorboards remain as replenished and busy as ever.

7 hours ago, P.K. said:

A sovereign nation as recognised by the UN suffered a brutal assault by a terrorist organisation. The sovereign nation then responded with the aim of destroying the terrorist organisation to make the world a better place.

The problem fighting an insurgency that embeds itself etc etc.

Netanyahu has said the war will go on because they want their hostages back and Hamas have never had any intention of surrendering. Netanyahu also stated that those who free any hostages they are holding will not be pursued. However those who kill their hostages will be dealt with. What you would call a clear message.

It's an opportunity of sorts I suppose.

How many of the hostages from last October are in Lebanon?

Why are some of the strongest critics of Netanyahu the families of the remaining hostages?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

Helix what is your point? are you really claiming Hamas doesn't embed itself within the civilian population?

Really?

That I don't believe there's any justification whatsoever for the level of destruction and killing of civilians.

1 minute ago, Chinahand said:

Also killed us a too passive euphemism. They were executed to stop them being rescued. 

Wait til you see all the times they described Palestinians as having "died" after "strikes" (without mentioning who did the strikes either, as if it was just a fucking type of weather).