Israel vs. the rest of the world?

spook

3 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

How many of the hostages from last October are in Lebanon?

Why are some of the strongest critics of Netanyahu the families of the remaining hostages?

I give up. Because I'm not aware that there are any hostages in Lebanon. Where did you get this information from?

I am aware of the fact that Hezbollah are firing rockets at Israel from Lebanon in "support" of Hamas and the IDF have a duty to protect Israelis from acts of terror.

Obviously the families of hostages want their loved ones back. However they must also know that Israeli policy has always been "No negotiating with terrorists". However there have been negotiations that got some hostages back so the families obviously want more of the same. The elimination of Sinjar might make that possible.

1 minute ago, P.K. said:

Didn't think so...

It's not possible for you to pretend it hasn't been answered over and over again, you just don't like the answer. Unfortunately you care more about petty attempts at sarcastic pointscoring on a forum than you do about tens of thousands of dead children.

Just now, HeliX said:

It's not possible for you to pretend it hasn't been answered over and over again, you just don't like the answer. Unfortunately you care more about petty attempts at sarcastic pointscoring on a forum than you do about tens of thousands of dead children.

There you go with those children again Helix. 

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

I give up. Because I'm not aware that there are any hostages in Lebanon. Where did you get this information from?

It was a question and not a statement.  I don't know the answer but would Hamas have transferred hostages to Hezbollah or into Lebanon?  Seems unlikely.

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

I am aware of the fact that Hezbollah are firing rockets at Israel from Lebanon in "support" of Hamas and the IDF have a duty to protect Israelis from acts of terror.

Based on what I have seen the attacks in Lebanon are targeting Hezbollah as a result of their missile launches at Israel.  I have not seen any credible reports (they may exist and I have not seen them) to state that Hezbollah has any of the hostages from October or that it was involved in the atrocities in October.  As such I personally believe that the attacks in Lebanon cannot be justified by pointing to the actions of Hamas in the Gaza Strip.

Remember Hamas and Hezbollah are not natural allies.  They are on different sides of the Sunni/Shia divide and are only "supporting" each other due to a mutual hatred of Israel.  

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

Obviously the families of hostages want their loved ones back. However they must also know that Israeli policy has always been "No negotiating with terrorists". However there have been negotiations that got some hostages back so the families obviously want more of the same. The elimination of Sinjar might make that possible.

Those same families were recently attacked by supporters of Netanyahu.  That is hardly democratic and if it had been Pro-EU supporters, or Democratic Supporters in the US being physically attacked by Brexiteers or Republicans then I believe that you would condemn those actions.  

I am not sure why but you seem to believe that Netanyahu and his Government are free from criticism. 

p.s. Also interesting seeing you using the Sovereignty angle on this topic while being highly critical elsewhere.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

Those same families were recently attacked by supporters of Netanyahu.  That is hardly democratic and if it had been Pro-EU supporters, or Democratic Supporters in the US being physically attacked by Brexiteers or Republicans then I believe that you would condemn those actions.  

I am not sure why but you seem to believe that Netanyahu and his Government are free from criticism. 

p.s. Also interesting seeing you using the Sovereignty angle on this topic while being highly critical elsewhere.

I have no idea why protesters over no seeming activity on negotiations to return hostages would be attacked by pro-Netanyahu folks. Seems totally daft to me and completely out of order. Haven't those who have lost loved ones suffering enough?

I don't believe Netanyahu and his government are free from criticism at all. After all, the Hamas assault seemed to come from nowhere on his watch! Unforgiveable. I will say he appears to be a good war leader though and that's important at the moment for obvious reasons.

I mentioned Israeli "sovereignty" to point out that it's a very unusual set of circumstances. A terrorist organisation was voted into power by a load of stateless refugees to run their affairs. This terrorist group is dedicated to the destruction of neighbouring Israel and it's people.

From page 1 of this thread:

On 7/24/2014 at 10:28 AM, P.K. said:

When the general populace voted Hamas into power the result was always a foregone conclusion.

3 hours ago, HeliX said:

I'm not aware that a single alternative strategy has been put forward that will bring about the destruction of the terrorist group called Hamas. If one has been put forward by all means quote it.

Yes it's an absolute tragedy that thousands of innocents have been killed but when their families deliberately keep them in the target area what can you do?

Don't forget that none of this would have happened if the Hamas assault last year year had not taken place...

6 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I'm not aware that a single alternative strategy has been put forward that will bring about the destruction of the terrorist group called Hamas. If one has been put forward by all means quote it.

Yes it's an absolute tragedy that thousands of innocents have been killed but when their families deliberately keep them in the target area what can you do?

Don't forget that none of this would have happened if the Hamas assault last year year had not taken place...

The current action won't destroy Hamas either so doesn't seem like you view that as a requirement.

As long as the occupation exists, resistance will exist. When that's not permitted to be political or peaceful it'll be violent.