Israel vs. the rest of the world?

spook

I think that it's rather important to realise that in the same way that there are a number of sects in Christianity there are also a number of Sects in Judaism.

It's nothing like a caste system, it's more comparable with let us say the Exclusive Brethren at one extreme and the (you choose!) at the other. What's more there even are Jewish people who are atheists.

Such people are Jewish by roots, by family connection, by traditions, and by nationality, but who are secular in their thinking where The Lord is concerned.

What rubbish. You can't be Jewish by roots. It's exactly this kind of brain washing which is holding humanity back. You're born a free human being. It matters not what form of mind control or belief system your parents have, you aren't born with them, you acquire them. My grandmother was born from Jewish parents, my grandad wasn't. My father wasn't the least bit interested in religion and neither am I. However some idiot would have you believe that my dad was Jewish because his mum was. What absolute tripe.

There was a case of an Arab baby who was somehow adopted by a Jewish couple & brought up as a member of their faith. He had terrible problems doing his national service for 'looking like a f*cking Arab'. Why Mossad didn't take him up I don't know

I think that it's rather important to realise that in the same way that there are a number of sects in Christianity there are also a number of Sects in Judaism.

It's nothing like a caste system, it's more comparable with let us say the Exclusive Brethren at one extreme and the (you choose!) at the other. What's more there even are Jewish people who are atheists.

Such people are Jewish by roots, by family connection, by traditions, and by nationality, but who are secular in their thinking where The Lord is concerned.

What rubbish. You can't be Jewish by roots. It's exactly this kind of brain washing which is holding humanity back. You're born a free human being. It matters not what form of mind control or belief system your parents have, you aren't born with them, you acquire them. My grandmother was born from Jewish parents, my grandad wasn't. My father wasn't the least bit interested in religion and neither am I. However some idiot would have you believe that my dad was Jewish because his mum was. What absolute tripe.

There was a case of an Arab baby who was somehow adopted by a Jewish couple & brought up as a member of their faith. He had terrible problems doing his national service for 'looking like a f*cking Arab'. Why Mossad didn't take him up I don't know

To be honest in a lot of cases where orthodox Jewish people, men especially, are concerned I find it difficult to impossible to tell tother from which just based on appearance.

Probably did do. He'll be like a golden nugget to that crew.

Tell me, why are you so anti-semitic?

Your dad has or had every right to distance himself from a Jewish identity. Individual liberty trumps all else in my books. All this identity stuff only became an issue in modern times. Historically, someone who left Judaism would simply leave the Jewish community and that was that.

You can look like a middle eastern Hebrew and not look like an Arab. There is a difference. If he really had problems, it was more likely due to which denomination of Judaism he was brought up in. Anything less than an Orthodox conversion for an adopted child and they would not be classed as Jewish.

>

Tell me, why are you so anti-semitic?

Took you a while to use that old chestnut but we got there in the end I see.

I'm anti-religion, not any particular one. This thread is about Israel but you could quite easily substitute Judaism for any other of the mind control cults that people follow. I have a particular interest in Judaism though through my family, as I have outlined, but no specific hatred for anyone. I did a lot of research into Judaism in my younger years, visited Israel twice, but the whole thing wasn't for me, nor most of one side of my family.

I'm anti-religion, not any particular one. This thread is about Israel but you could quite easily substitute Judaism for any other of the mind control cults that people follow. I have a particular interest in Judaism though through my family, as I have outlined, but no specific hatred for anyone. I did a lot of research into Judaism in my younger years, visited Israel twice, but the whole thing wasn't for me, nor most of one side of my family.

What I don't understand is why celebrities such as Rihanna are being criticised and accused of anti-semitism for posting #FreePalestine on their Twitter or for praying for peace in Gaza. As a Zionist, I do want a free Palestine and, if I felt compelled to pray, I would pray for peace in Gaza. Why are people so stupid?

Edited by Nim Chimpsky

Well 80 I note your claim but there is more than enough evidence to level the charge of expressing and promoting antisemitism in what you have written in this thread alone.

In that respect I would add blatant racism for the simple reason that be they a race, a nationality, or whatever to express some of the things that you have written directly or implied against Jewish people in the way that you have is appalling.

What I don't understand is why celebrities such as Rihanna are being criticised and accused of anti-semitism for posting #FreePalestine on their Twitter or for praying for peace in Gaza. As a Zionist, I do want a free Palestine and, if I felt compelled to pray, I would pray for peace in Gaza. Why are people so stupid?

As someone with no direct association I can see that a designated 'state' for what are now called Palestinians would result in the end of Israel and quite possibly trigger a global war because of the defense treaties that would immediately agreed with such a new state.

As someone with no direct association I can see that a designated 'state' for what are now called Palestinians would result in the end of Israel and quite possibly trigger a global war because of the defense treaties that would immediately agreed with such a new state.

Let's not be naive here. Hamas' position was deliberately cultivated by Israel to counter Fatah and the left-wing factions. The Israeli "occupation" (or whatever you want to call it) serves to keep Hamas in power. When you keep people down, they will resort to extremism. It was really no surprise when Gazans voted Hamas into office. So, that being said, of course a state based on the current political climate of the Palestinian Territories would be problematic.

Edited by Nim Chimpsky