Israel vs. the rest of the world?

spook

22 hours ago, Chinahand said:

I disagree, both sides contain fanatics, but it is too simplifying to state both sides are ideological fanatics.

I gave this some more thought. You cannot reason with full on religious people, they only have faith. It doesn't matter what that faith is, they've switched off (or switched on I guess depending on which way you look at it) a part of their brain. You cannot reason with a Mormon, you cannot reason with a Harri Krishna monk, you can't reason with a JoHo. I've never met a proper Islamist, but all the evidence suggests you can't reason with them either. It'll be just the same with the nutters in the Knesset and those in that country that are all in on this.

It's the 21st century, it's time to call these fairy tale believers out.

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I gave this some more thought. You cannot reason with full on religious people, they only have faith. It doesn't matter what that faith is, they've switched off (or switched on I guess depending on which way you look at it) a part of their brain. You cannot reason with a Mormon, you cannot reason with a Harri Krishna monk, you can't reason with a JoHo. I've never met a proper Islamist, but all the evidence suggests you can't reason with them either. It'll be just the same with the nutters in the Knesset and those in that country that are all in on this.

Screenshot_20241020-132709_Samsung Internet.jpg

35 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

And just for some balance, from the article from which the above is drawn...

Screenshot_20241021-111350_Samsung Internet.jpg

What balance are you seeking to bring there? What balance do you really think is appropriate in the face of information that the IDF is crushing living human beings with fucking bulldozers?

3 minutes ago, HeliX said:

What balance are you seeking to bring there? What balance do you really think is appropriate in the face of information that the IDF is crushing living human beings with fucking bulldozers?

What balanced 1200 innocent, unarmed civilians being butchered or shot with a further 200+ being taken hostage with some of those being since executed whilst unarmed and defenceless? 

There are no winners in this.

2 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

What balanced 1200 innocent, unarmed civilians being butchered or shot with a further 200+ being taken hostage with some of those being since executed whilst unarmed and defenceless? 

Yes, Oct the 7th was probably the greatest atrocity that's taken place in my lifetime. So that justifies crushing people with bulldozers does it? Or perhaps there isn't a balance to be found in this, and it's utterly atrocious.

10 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Not that it improves anything by the way, but for factual purposes 370 of those "1200 innocent, unarmed civilians" were military personnel.

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

You can add to that the modern secular 'religions' and fairy tales that have filled the God shaped hole with left-wing belief systems and explanatory narratives. There's a few on here that have bought in to these simplistic political models that structure their thinking and understanding. Like traditional religions they are 'thought boxes' that lock the believer in to a circular logic of question and answer until they think their way out of it with facts, reason and logic.