Three Road Racers Killed At Chimay

The Sick Moon

Pierrot Lunatic, please go away.

WHY ??

You can't hide from facts, which is what his post was. 100% fact and nothing else. Some people need to take a bigger dose of reality, instead of hiding under the sheets when sporting deaths are mentioned. Closing your eyes and ears wont make these sad events go away.

Pierrot Lunatic, please go away.

WHY ??

You can't hide from facts, which is what his post was. 100% fact and nothing else. Some people need to take a bigger dose of reality, instead of hiding under the sheets when sporting deaths are mentioned. Closing your eyes and ears wont make these sad events go away.

But Pierrot Lunatic hasn't even posted on this thread. It's just a bit of harmless trolling from Amadeus, poor quality trolling yes, but harmless enough even if such a sad thread isn't really the place for it! After all, Amadeus loves the road racing crashes, and loves to share them with the wider world on various media sites. Check out his youtube channel for example! Like

And
. And
. And
I know lots of people find that sort of ghoulish footage a bit sick and poor taste, and I must admit I do myself, particularly the Bray Hill crash where there were so many serious injuries. But there is obviously an audience for his gruesome film clips, so who am I to judge? Look at all the hits.

PL/TSM, I note you have not declared your dislike (to put it mildly) of motor cyclists/ road racing as expressed in previous posts , for example your assertion (more of a "rant" really) that I should bear responsibility for racing deaths on the island by marshalling thus encouraging folk to race.

When I posted that a dear friend had died in a racing incident and would not care to see footage of the incident you helpfully suggested that it "wasn't obligatory for me to do so".

You have either had a complete change of heart as you now state that you would consider this "goulish footage", however you are still encouraging folk to "look at all the hits" so I think not.

Forgive me if I take the view ,at this time,that the purpose of your posting details of fatal racing incidents and links to footage on the internet is to bolster your desired aim to stop road racing/ motorcycling.

My sympathies are with the families and friends of the deceased please don't desecrate their memories

edit for spelling

From Link:

IRRC race Chimay, we met the dark side of racing

The fourth races for the IRRC championship were held on the fast circuit of Chimay. It was already the third time that IRRC races were held on the circuit in the south of Belgium. In stead of the races in Hengelo Gld (NL), Oss (NL) and Oostende (B) the Supersport and Superbikes were combined due to the busy time schedule, because there were races for de Open Belgium Championship (OBK) as well. The sun was shining on Saturday morning. Nobody could expect it would turn out into a terrible raceday.

The Belgium IRRC and OBK rider Vick de Cooremeter crashed in his first practise in the second lap. He was transported to the hospital with several injuries. Vick de Cooremeter was just recovered from his crash during the TT on the island of Man. Thilo Häfele, an experient road race rider, crashed during the IRRC practise. Just as Vick de Cooremeter he was badly injured as well and both had to fight for their lives. During the practise for the Open Belgium Championship Supersport local rider Julien Pascal crashed badly. Soon it became clear he didn’t survive the crash. But that wasn’t all.

In the morning de news reached the circuit that Thilo Häfele didn’t survive the night. Although the bad news the races took place with a delay of several hours, because of problems with the communication devises. De Belgium rider Marc Fisette won the race, German Didier Grams was second and de Dutch rider Johan Fredriks third. Timothy Baken (B) was the fastest Supersport rider and Joey den Besten (NL) second.

After the IRRC prizing ceremony everybody was silent for 1 minute to remember Thilo Häfele with his race helmet on the podium. After the news reached the circuit that Vick de Cooremeter didn’t win his battle for life and it began to rain a little the IRRC riders decided not to race the second race. In stead of that they rode a low speed lap to remember Thilo Häfele and Vick de Cooremeter. They got a standing ovation of the crowd, almost everybody on and beside the track had tears in their eyes.

The IRRC organisation wishes the families, friends and teams all the strength they need to conquer this loss.

You f*cking bastard, you c&nt. Fancy putting up a link which relates to a terrible sequence of events in Belgium. You inconsiderate w%nker. I just dont know how you can get away with it. Ban him, ban him I say. PL would never have done that. Please Amadeus all is forgiven............

*sigh*

Is this really a suitable thread to start bickering again?

Whether you agree with Road Racing or not three people have lost their lives and we have people on here trying to point score.

Personally my thoughts are with the family and friends of those involved. I am sure it is a very difficult time for them.

Whether you agree with Road Racing or not three people have lost their lives and we have people on here trying to point score.

Indeed. The bizarre obsession of Amadeus and paswt with someone who doesn't even seem to post here anymore clearly overrides any sense of decency they might have, and which might urge them to refrain from such petty point scoring as you put it. Paradoxically, it's always self proclaimed supporters of road racing who troll these sad threads for a reaction, and by doing so almost define ostensibility. I admit I do rise to their troll bait a little, perhaps if we all just ignored it they'd get bored and go away.

Archived