ebola

doc.fixit

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They won't they will have some form of plan and that is what they are there for, I have no say on what goes on so why should I worry about it?

If I was in charge I would quarantine in the affected area, nobody leaves or enters until the people are cured or the virus has died out, wouldn't be popular but hey that's probably why I am not president of the world.

Looks as though the UK is taking it seriously with a meeting of, 'COBRA'...............Unfortunately I always wince when I see that term and think of a group of chinless wonders debating their best escape route.........true or not, that's the picture I have.

Jeez, why do people get scared over something that will NEVER happen over here? There are much more dangerous things to be properly afraid of than the chance of fricken getting Ebola...

You might as well be afraid of getting hit by lightning, or by an asteroid.

The scary thing about the outbreak happening since February is that it is the only outbreak in history to have been able to cross the borders into other countries.

In the past, the fact that the area was usually locked down with the addition of the poor transportation networks inherent in Africa meant that the range of the virus was pretty limited and it tended to burn itself out.

The death rate from it can be between 60-80% if I recall.

Another fun fact: even if you have survived the virus, it can still be transmitted sexually.

I find it more surprising it hasn't crossed more borders within Africa tbh. I have no idea what the borders are like but can't imagine them being particularly secure

Archived