Wanted - Someone to replace a zip on a sports bag ?

Does anyone know someone that could replace the zip on a sports bag . It probably doesn't seem to make economical sense , but the bag fits inside a specific shape and a replacement is megga expensive.

The job itself doesn't seem to be difficult as the bag can be turned inside out , but I don't have a sewing machine and even less experience of using one (3 weeks in materials at school years ago ... )

Thanks all ,

There's a lady at the bottom of Derby Road, just up from the Villa, who can fix pretty much anything that needs stitching. Always been good quality work and a sensible price. We've had quite a few things done there - zips replaced in jeans, coats etc

Checked out Streetview and its called Simply Sew 670317

It probably doesn't seem to make economical sense , but the bag fits inside a specific shape and a replacement is megga expensive.

Oooh - check you out trying not to tell everyone your mclaren f1 supplied sports bag has broke!

There is a guy on manx ads who does boat covers and marine seating. Right up his street I would have thought - failing that Simply Sew have done bust zips for me on various bits on stuff with no problem.

Does anyone know someone that could replace the zip on a sports bag . It probably doesn't seem to make economical sense , but the bag fits inside a specific shape and a replacement is megga expensive.

The job itself doesn't seem to be difficult as the bag can be turned inside out , but I don't have a sewing machine and even less experience of using one (3 weeks in materials at school years ago ... )

Thanks all ,

Is Alan Taylor, (as in Manx Leathers) still going. If so he is your answer.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived