Filthy drug dealing scum.....

The Sick Moon

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A niche market the island could investigate further you would think.

I wouldn't think that. We've missed the boat and besides, our government will only ever follow the relevant policy of the mainland like we do on everything.

Where?

Ah. I see. No I don't consider the keyboard the mainland as I don't live on it, contrary to how it sometimes seems. However, on the Island I live, work, love, laugh, cry and will ultimately die so to me, this is the mainland.

Oh sorry, I get you now, but really? When you hear people generally refer to the mainland you actually assume they are referring to the island? Fair enough if so, but I was referring to the largest land mass governed by Westminster as I expect most people would have realised.

Ah. I see. No I don't consider the keyboard the mainland as I don't live on it, contrary to how it sometimes seems. However, on the Island I live, work, love, laugh, cry and will ultimately die so to me, this is the mainland.

Spoken like a true Parochial Peon of Peel.

Well that went off topic in typical MF style...

When I hear the term "mainland" over here I think of that large Island comprising of Scotland, England and Wales - that being the largest landmass of the British Isles. It also amuses me when people jump up and down getting all agitated at hearing the term "mainland" then go on about how "England" isn't "the mainland" as if someone's making a political statement out of an innocent geographical description.

And yes John. I suppose it does - you hear the term "Mainland Europe" fairly frequently, although not really in every day language - more for new reports.

Archived