Jewish Holocaust survivors condemn Israeli genocide in Gaza

MarkH

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If cheek-swabs were taken from that area, to identify their origins, a great many of them might be horrified they were cousins. Jews and arabs alike...

As these tests become increasingly routine, many Brits will find that they are not who they think they are either.

If cheek-swabs were taken from that area, to identify their origins, a great many of them might be horrified they were cousins. Jews and arabs alike...

As these tests become increasingly routine, many Brits will find that they are not who they think they are either.

Does that matter a jot?

Relevance?

I believe we, as individuals, determine who we are. Ayn Rand had race figured out:

'Racism is the lowest, most crudely primitive form of collectivism. It is the notion of ascribing moral, social or political significance to a man’s genetic lineage—the notion that a man’s intellectual and characterological traits are produced and transmitted by his internal body chemistry. Which means, in practice, that a man is to be judged, not by his own character and actions, but by the characters and actions of a collective of ancestors.'

The most important qualification in being British is to want to be British (self-determination); which means wanting to integrate and become a part of British society and accept British values -- such as upholding individual liberty, maintaining parliamentary democracy, freedom of conscience, freedom of speech, habeas corpus, due process, etc, etc. If, on the other hand, a person does not want to be British and does not want to be part of British society or accept British values, then no amount of politically correct gibberish will render that person British.

I believe we, as individuals, determine who we are. Ayn Rand had race figured out:

'Racism is the lowest, most crudely primitive form of collectivism. It is the notion of ascribing moral, social or political significance to a man’s genetic lineage—the notion that a man’s intellectual and characterological traits are produced and transmitted by his internal body chemistry. Which means, in practice, that a man is to be judged, not by his own character and actions, but by the characters and actions of a collective of ancestors.'

The first step in being British is deciding you want to be British (self-determination); which means wanting to integrate and become a part of British society and accept British values -- such as upholding individual liberty, maintaining parliamentary democracy, freedom of conscience, freedom of speech, habeas corpus, due process, etc, etc. If, on the other hand, you do not want to be British, and do not want to become part of British society or accept British values, then now amount of politically correct bullshit will render you British.

I agree with some of what I think you are trying to express. But the first part of your post and the second do not sit well together.

Because the thing which she stood for, what she is best known for having stood for, perhaps more than anything else, was her opposition to collectivism ("the irrational collectivist doctrine" and "the subjugation of the individual to a group").

Her Objectivism was quite specifically about rejecting the urge to join in or accept received opinions.

I was not advocating her entire political philosophy. I think Ayn Rand was entirely for organisation so long as individuals remain individuals.

That's fair enough and you might be right. She is definitely very interesting and enigmatic. I think that I possibly lean towards aspects of her politics but I do not really know whether her politics are that relevant today - so much has changed. But it is certainly true that some of what she seemed to be writing about had chimed with many people who I very much respected when I was growing up.

I wonder whether her novels would have been different had she written in her native tongue and enjoyed the services of a good translator.

ETA: not great as novels however !

• 2 weeks later...

The first step in being British is deciding you want to be British (self-determination); which means wanting to integrate and become a part of British society and accept British values -- such as upholding individual liberty, maintaining parliamentary democracy, freedom of conscience, freedom of speech, habeas corpus, due process, etc, etc. If, on the other hand, you do not want to be British, and do not want to become part of British society or accept British values, then now amount of politically correct bullshit will render you British.

I agree with some of what I think you are trying to express. But the first part of your post and the second do not sit well together.

Because the thing which she stood for, what she is best known for having stood for, perhaps more than anything else, was her opposition to collectivism ("the irrational collectivist doctrine" and "the subjugation of the individual to a group").

Her Objectivism was quite specifically about rejecting the urge to join in or accept received opinions.

And Ayn Rand (or whatever her real name was) as a Russian Jew who emigrated to America is in a strong position to tell the rest of the world who we are and what is and what is not acceptable???????????????????

She was a nobody who wrote some really really really boring shite - reputed to be a confidante and fuckbuddy of a top international banker

so to paraphrase - I think so beacause some whore being used as a mouthpiece for some really fucked up badboys said so - kind of comes across as pretty weak especially if you know these badboys play both the racism and anti-racism cards to suit their business interests with no regard for morality or race.

Well 'Cross Ross' it would seem that your ignorance knows no bounds.

Not constrained to just Israel and the Jewish people you have now entered philosophy and introduced your hatred of Jewish people as a factor into that.

For my part I've dipped into Rand's writing but have been unable to resonate with her propositions regarding the nature of man.

But I am able to enlarge on my critical views about Rand's work without for moment having to even consider if her background has or had any connection with them for the simple reason that they don't.

Tell me, do you really honestly believe the utter nonsense that you're coming out with about Jewish people, and if the answer is yes what do you base your beliefs on?

And Ayn Rand (or whatever her real name was) as a Russian Jew who emigrated to America is in a strong position to tell the rest of the world who we are and what is and what is not acceptable???????????????????

You anti-Israel fanatics are quick to quote Jews like Noam Chomsky and Norman Finkelstein who criticise Israel so why can't I quote a Jew who defends Israel? Please try and be consistent with your anti-semitism. Listen to her argument; nowhere did her ancestry factor into it. In fact, her political views on individualism versus collectivism would preclude it.

She was a nobody who wrote some really really really boring shite - reputed to be a confidante and fuckbuddy of a top international banker

so to paraphrase - I think so beacause some whore being used as a mouthpiece for some really fucked up badboys said so - kind of comes across as pretty weak especially if you know these badboys play both the racism and anti-racism cards to suit their business interests with no regard for morality or race.

What does her literary work have to do with her opinion on Israel?

so to paraphrase - I think so beacause some whore being used as a mouthpiece for some really fucked up badboys......

Whore????

But I am able to enlarge on my critical views about Rand's work without for moment having to even consider if her background has or had any connection with them for the simple reason that they don't.

Who said what and why is connected.

Simples.

Unconnected is pretty naive, like saying a book has nothing to do with the author

The author and what is being said and why it is being said as well as the ultimate paymaster ARE CONNECTED.

But Kipling said it better than me

I KEEP six honest serving-men

(They taught me all I knew);

Their names are What and Why and When

And How and Where and Who.

I send them over land and sea,

I send them east and west;

But after they have worked for me,

I give them all a rest.

I let them rest from nine till five,

For I am busy then,

As well as breakfast, lunch, and tea,