Should these losers be allowed back into Great Britain?

Thomas Jefferson

Should they be allowed back  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

- More than 500 Britons have gone to Syria to fight alongside Islamists
- But it is said some of them are now tired of the conflict and want to return
- Research institute says it has been contacted by fighter in the region
- He and 30 others are said to be unhappy with the course of the conflict
- They want to come back to Britain but are put off by the threat of jail terms

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2744620/Dozens-British-jihadis-want-return-home-Intermediary-claims-30-British-men-requests-disillusioned-conflict.html

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see why a government should be allowed to set laws that cover its citizens in other countries. If it's within the law of the country you visit then you should be able to fight, smoke dope etc. providing you don't break the law of the country you are visiting. It should be up to that country only to prosecute.

If these people represent a threat to the UK they should deal with that separately on their return or arrival.

These kinds of laws have a dangerous thin end of the wedge aspect to them.

These kinds of laws have a dangerous thin end of the wedge aspect to them.

I disagree. These are not just protesters or civil dissidents; they have joined an enemy army. They are guilty of treason and should be executed.

Given that being told this would preclude their re-entry to Britain, the only option is for these people to go live in Saudi Arabia or somewhere else to their liking.

If they come back to Britain, they will forever be a security liability. I'd rather the money be spent on schools and hospitals than on keeping an eye on these low lifes who would inevitably be unemployed and living on benefits anyway. Let the Saudis pay their benefits.

If they are even real.

Eh? Are they a figment of our creative imagination? Or are you suggesting that the West is making the whole thing up?

I have no idea whether some of them are missing their mums or realising that they have made a terrible mistake. I am certainly not going to believe it just because it was in the Daily Mail or someone read it on Twitter.

I trust the people whose job is to make sense of this stupidity.

They are loyal to their own nation. The question then arises should that nation be permitted / have been permitted to become established in the UK.

My opinion is absolutly not for the simple reason that it's values are incompatible with those of the UK.

I disagree. These are not just protesters or civil dissidents; they have joined an enemy army. They are guilty of treason and should be executed.

Given that being told this would preclude their re-entry to Britain, the only option is for these people to go live in Saudi Arabia or somewhere else to their liking.

If they come back to Britain, they will forever be a security liability. I'd rather the money be spent on schools and hospitals than on keeping an eye on these low lifes who would inevitably be unemployed and living on benefits anyway. Let the Saudis pay their benefits.

But they may be instrumental in preventing many other young Britons from following in their footsteps. Your preferred course of action is more than likely to have the opposite result.

Archived