Bus Travel During Rd.s Closed

Red Fox

I travel on the bus a lot, and was very pleased with the prompt service from Peel to Douglas on race days -even when the bus had to divert through fox dale, and go via B&Q, It still got me to town on time..

Well done to all concerned. Many thanks

:):):D:D

The last time I tried a local bus journey was a couple of months ago when my better half had commandeered the car.

I went upstairs on the bus, hoping to see views that I'm no longer familiar with.

The interior of the bus, however, was filthy. The windows were too grimy to be able to see much of the countryside. The driver thought he was the natural successor to Michael Schumacher and the whole journey was a thoroughly uncomfortable experience which I won't be repeating if I can possibly help it.

I sympathise with those who have to use the bus service on a regular basis

The only thing that confused me with these buses while the roads are closed is that the 3 from Laxey goes DOWN Royal Avenue to get to the prom, but then comes UP Summer Hill.

Although we did manage a good flyer drop in a couple of buses yesterday :D

an unusual occurance Lonan, though very occassionally the case.

I use the buses a lot and apart from them being FAR too infrequent they're pretty good. The views are lovely, most of the drivers are friendly enough and drive carefully.

The drivers can be miserable sods and after 6 o'clock woe betide you trying to get a bus anywhere....

otheriwse I still use it even though I can drive - cheaper and better for the environment

a handful of the drivers can be quite agressive. a couple of times on the school bus, although sometimes students bring in onto themselves, we've had the bus driver swear at us for minor mistakes.

one example is when students are waiting at the front of the bus, but may have not pressed the bell (sometimes by mistake), cleary wanting to get off . then as he drives past the bus stop (students obviously wanting to get off there), someone asks him why he has driven past and we get a load of swearing from him, saying it's all our fault, how is he meant to know this that etc....

Archived