Scotland The Brave!

Max Power

Some of them must be very brave, to consider a future without any idea how independence will work out for them. Alex Salmond seems to have made a lot of assumptions on issues such as currency, North Sea Oil, companies staying north of the border etc.

I can't blame them trying to forge ahead without the corruption of Whitehall but can't help feeling that he's leading the country up a blind alley?

As for the polls declaring it being too close to call, I'm sure that they are just trying to make sure that the turnout is as big a representation of views as possible by waking up the lazy voter?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Giving 16 year olds the vote cant drink but can decide a nations future. Crazy

They can vote here at 16, what's the difference?

Is there a proxy vote for all Scots living elsewhere and will they return to an independent Scotland if they voted yes and the yes vote wins (IE, will they be forced to go back?) yes, yes I know but come on, fair's fair and all that wink.png

i believe after this vote then the vote will be raised to 18, I could be wrong but pretty sure I heard that. also people who aren't Scottish get the vote to I know of people who will be voting and then leaving a few months later

the yes campaign is basically a lot of people shouting over their opponents, as I don't live in Scotland anymore this wont really affect me on the 17th of September I will be Scottish on the 19th of September I will still be Scottish.

The vote is not Independence - Yes / no as the English media and spin doctors are portraying it though.

The vote is the right to declare Independence - Yes / no.

If they vote no, they may as well hand complete control to Westmonster.

If they vote yes, they can explore it further, but don't necessarily have to go independent.

The vote is not Independence - Yes / no as the English media and spin doctors are portraying it though.

The vote is the right to declare Independence - Yes / no.

If they vote no, they may as well hand complete control to Westmonster.

If they vote yes, they can explore it further, but don't necessarily have to go independent.

Which is the most pertinent point most people haven't grasped.

The question is actually "Should Scotland be an independent country?"

It's still going to be a no vote so it doesn't really matter

Cameron is taking criticism about allowing that question. Apparently it should be "Should Scotland remain part of the United Kingdom" on the premise that it is easier to campaign for a yes than a no.

SNP just think they'll get bailed out by the EU instead of the UK - what sort of independence is that?

Why can't they bail themselves out? If they are a sovereign nation they have the ability to print their own currency, rather than seek a debt-based currency from a central bank.

SNP just think they'll get bailed out by the EU instead of the UK - what sort of independence is that?

Why can't they bail themselves out? If they are a sovereign nation they have the ability to print their own currency, rather than seek a debt-based currency from a central bank.

It's been tried. The markets are never fooled.

Archived