Scotland The Brave!

Max Power

I do share your concern about Amazon; I just have the same concern about all retail warehouses.

It's a total myth that Amazon run at a loss. They may deliberately run at a loss on something like the Kindle, to begin with, in order to get people to buy them, but ultimately they make a profit in the long-term as the product got more popular and people were buying e-books for them.

Ok, maybe not at a loss but it certainly doesn't make much profit considering its size. There must be some economic model reason for that.

There is absolutely no doubt that Amazon runs at a loss. Turnover billions, lose millions. They do it by raising investment bond cash on the promise of jam tomorrow. The perfect exploitation of capitalist greed in a quest to put every other capitalist out of business. The problem is that the public thinks that anyone who doesn't match the Amazon price is ripping them off. I wonder if Beijing is behind it. How did this come out of "Scotland the Brave"?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody can call the result of the referendum yet. But it's certain that half of Scotland will wake up to bad news tomorrow. I think they would be better off voting for the Union, but I can see myself being a 'yes' if my ancestors had not left and I had been born there.

Nobody can call the result of the referendum yet. But it's certain that half of Scotland will wake up to bad news tomorrow. I think they would be better off voting for the Union, but I can see myself being a 'yes' if my ancestors had not left and I had been born there.

which is why its called a heart and mind vote

It's gonna be No. Should be clear to anyone, really. People don't like change. They like to dream but will chicken out at the ballot box.

Two parallel threads on this?

It's in their hands, they can't regret anything really. It's their say, not down to anyone else. Unless it's always been a (very) bocal minority for all of these years.

I sincerely hope they go for it, I really do. I want to see what they can do. I might not like the anti English sentiments that so many of them hold but I do admire their national pride and I want to see how this pans out in due course.

Yup. It's a no.

Lets see what the extra devolved powers will be. The vote was close enough that the party leaders can't back out of their promises.

Well done to the SNP for delivering what they have been campainging for over all these decades. Love them or hate them, they have delivered on their manifesto. Gotta give them that.

And well done to the people in Scotland for turning out in such numbers. Democracy at it's best :-)

Yup. It's a no.

Lets see what the extra devolved powers will be. The vote was close enough that the party leaders can't back out of their promises.

Well done to the SNP for delivering what they have been campainging for over all these decades. Love them or hate them, they have delivered on their manifesto. Gotta give them that.

And well done to the people in Scotland for turning out in such numbers. Democracy at it's best :-)

trust the scots to want more benefits

Yup. It's a no.

Agree with you,a truly impressive show of functioning democracy at work. 45% doesn't in any way embarrass the SNP either.

Yup. It's a no.

Agree with you,a truly impressive show of functioning democracy at work. 45% doesn't in any way embarrass the SNP either.

less than last time

Archived