Moon - Aliens - another conspiracy or.......

manxy

complete twaddle? can you detail which parts he got wrong?

Total and complete and utter twaddle on the Oort cloud - the discoveries of larger than Pluto minor planets out in the far Oort cloud and the collection missions bringing comet samples back to Earth make what he is saying totally and utterly wrong.

China, apart from Mission's reasonable assertion in this case that the thread is just a bit of fun, why do you bother refuting nonsense? Surely it takes a bit of effort to find the NASA links and the like - why do you do it? If I started a thread about the earth being flat would you post a dissertation starting with ships' masts disappearing over the horizon and finishing with GPS, or would you just reply 'nutter'?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I started a thread about the earth being flat would you post a dissertation starting with ships' masts disappearing over the horizon and finishing with GPS, or would you just reply 'nutter'?

Hed link the fuck out of you and then call you a nutter :P

Wrighty - if you did it, I'd know it was a wind up. CrossRoss - he really believes this shit and the way my personality is if someone is like that I put the water in front of the horse I can't make them drink, but they can't claim their idol is some genius who's work is ignored (arm ratios, teeth sizes, the origins of comets and the Oort Cloud are big fields in science with loads of data and evidence to back up their conclusions. Sure you don't get why I do it - I think it was before your joined but look up the Fluoride thread(s) - they were just as nutty as in this one. If someone in seriousness puts up bullshit, I tend to respond.

I don't think it takes that long. I did my morning post in my tea break, and since then have basically posted sentences and not a lot else.

I know where to find the science very quickly and the search key words to refute the mush Pye is producing.

Yeah CrossRoss will refuse to think about it and his only response is to generate fake quotes, but I hope others will (heck Wrighty you liked my post this morning as did others!).

The real science is interesting and reasonably accessible at the level of the abstract. Here's one on trying to reconcile models to data in the formation of the Oort Cloud.

Added later as I've read Mission's quip - Wrighty needs to read this lot

How did the whole fluoride thing work out for you again China?

This is a fun thread, no offence like but boring the shit out of people in threads like this isn't necessary. It's a deliberate conspiracy thread - it makes no odds if people really believe in this stuff or not, just pick your favourite batshit crazy theory and join in with the fun. For instance, I don't actually think their are Nazi's on the moon (although it would be cool to think they outsmarted teh Septics and colonised it first) it's just a laugh, roll with it and give that egghead of yours a rest for 5 minutes. :)

Peace out man, just for once.

Yes he's brilliant at regurgitating complete twaddle from other conspira-tainment merchants like Vedic Creationist Michael Cremo, the author of 'Forbidden Archaeology: The Hidden History of the Human Race'.

complete twaddle? can you detail which parts he got wrong?

I would start with the parts that he got right but I struggled to find them... The attack on evolution for instance demonstrates a poor understanding of the theory of evolution. Homo-Sapiens did not descend from the present day apes. We once shared a common ancestor. Modern day apes will not evolve in homo-sapiens either as they set off down a different evolutionary path.

Plus if we are the "alien" species and not natural to earth how come we share so much genetic material with the "native" species? Cross-breeding? Yeah right!

I will give the guy one thing and that is, for the most part, he speaks with conviction. I have no doubt that he truly believes what he is saying. I watched the video last night and I cannot recall all the errors he made but I do recall one wonderful line which was that he tries to make his research as scientific as possible so that he can take on the scientists on their own terms. That is effectively an admission that he has no real evidence or proof to support his narrative.

He presented hoaxes as facts, dismissed the oort cloud, and came out with a great fact along the lines of "water cannot be formed in space as it is created from the steam of lava".

Ah yes! That was a great fact! And here was me thinking that steam was what happened when you boiled water...

He presented hoaxes as facts, dismissed the oort cloud, and came out with a great fact along the lines of "water cannot be formed in space as it is created from the steam of lava".

Ah yes! That was a great fact! And here was me thinking that steam was what happened when you boiled water...

Beavis and Butthead "doing" science

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3mz7koRoeE

Dont try this at home

Archived