Aids: Origin

Albert Tatlock

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats ace. I was watching a thing about the Ebloa the other night (something off Vice) same deal, innit? Anyway, never mind that, have you seen what happened to ald Jezza (Clarkson not Kyle - same difference as aids and Ebola really) in Argentina? Boooed out of the gaff by all accounts, the registration of the car they used being H 982 FKL was the cause of the problem, BBC say they meant no offence..... humm yeah, Clarkson makes a living out of being an obnoxious ball of controversy - total coincidence the number plate could be connected to 1982 and Falkland Islands, I think it is very disrespectful and will ban Top Gear in our home (Win win, I don't like it anyway)

yeah right

bbc telling us experts have alluded to using "viral archeology" implying that black dudes fucking chimps in kinshasa in the 1920s is supposedly the point where aids started.

believe absurdities - commit atrocities

bbc spreading malicious gossip - ask why

yeah right

bbc telling us experts have alluded to using "viral archeology" implying that black dudes fucking chimps in kinshasa in the 1920s is supposedly the point where aids started.

Yeah it's the BBC... oh wait

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/10/141002-hiv-virus-spread-africa-health/

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn26316-perfect-storm-turned-hiv-from-local-to-global-killer.html#.VC8LXildW4S

http://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2014-10-03-hiv-pandemics-origins-located

http://www.sciencemag.org/content/346/6205/56

You really should lay off the super glue. The BBC article says nothing about having intercourse with chimps. What it does say is this:

HIV is a mutated version of a chimpanzee virus, known as simian immunodeficiency virus, which probably made the species-jump through contact with infected blood while handling bush meat.

You really should lay off the super glue. The BBC article says nothing about having intercourse with chimps. What it does say is this:

HIV is a mutated version of a chimpanzee virus, known as simian immunodeficiency virus, which probably made the species-jump through contact with infected blood while handling bush meat.

read article again

skim it this time

picture of kinshasa lots of black dudes

title family affair

big pic of chimp

sex and railways

pic of "aids virus"

mentions of sex trade, high incidence of stds, prostitution

conclusion paragraph

It was already known that HIV in humans arose by cross species transmission from chimpanzees in that region of Africa, but this study maps in great detail the spread of the virus from Kinshasa, it was fascinating to read.

Please forgive my thought processes if the bbc article talks far more about transmission by sex than by eating chimps.

I do not actually believe the "aids virus" even exists, or it is derived from hiv, let alone has made the species leap from chimps.

if aids was what they said it was and it really had been around since 1920 how come it hasnt already wiped out the parts of the human race which has sex? or eats bushmeat?

sorry bbc is just a propaganda machine

read article again

skim it this time

title family affair

big pic of chimp

sex and railways

pic of "aids virus"

conclusion paragraph

It was already known that HIV in humans arose by cross species transmission from chimpanzees in that region of Africa, but this study maps in great detail the spread of the virus from Kinshasa, it was fascinating to read.

Please forgive my thought processes if the bbc article talks far more about transmission by sex than by eating chimps.

I do not actually believe the "aids virus" even exists, or it is derived from hiv, let alone has made the species leap from chimps.

if aids was what they said it was and it really had been around since 1920 how come it hasnt already wiped out the parts of the human race which has sex? or eats bushmeat?

Erm, I think that says more about your own weird thought processes and jumping to strange conclusions than the it does anything about the BBC.

read article again

skim it this time

title family affair

big pic of chimp

sex and railways

pic of "aids virus"

conclusion paragraph

Maybe you're right.

2hgza4i.jpg

The way I read the article is that the cross species jump was through handling bushmeat. How it spread in the human population was sexually and through the use of unsterilised needles. I don't see anything about black men having sex with chimpanzees. Perhaps I am just gullible (or can read).

read article again

skim it this time

title family affair

big pic of chimp

sex and railways

pic of "aids virus"

conclusion paragraph

Pop in to Boots and see whether you can buy yourself an Occams Razor, Cross Ross. They are very useful.

CrossRoss, do you think it was developed in a laboratory with the intention of lowering the population?

I do not know

However there are several possibilities

it is entirely fictitious, it is not absolutely certain there is any link with hiv and aids and afaik the virus has never been isolated

it really did start in chimps and somehow made the species leap

it has been engineered

where the "experts" discount all the other possibilities as absurd leads me to mistrust the experts, and when the story is told by the bbc then i am extra suspicious

My goodness CrossRoss - HIV has never been isolated? You are very wrong there. How do you think the scientists did the original research the BBC was reporting on - you can read the abstract etc here.

Here's a challenge for you - try reading some posts by Abby Smith. She's a researcher in HIV who blogs about Endogenous Retro-Viruses at ERV. Try this post about how different strains of HIV - one of which came from Chimpanzees, another from a monkey called a sooty mangabey - have mutated different parts of their genome to disable a part of the Human immune system to be able to spread more successfully.

Far from never isolated HIV, scientists have sequenced it and are working to understand how its evolutionary history has effected its ability to mutate.

It's a fascinating story of human ingenuity to find a cure for a terrible disease. Reading the ERV blog will give you an insight into a person undertaking that research and an explanation of the hugely complex research being undertaken to understand the amazing world of viruses.

You'll learn a lot more than indulging your ignorance and biases about the BBC.

where the "experts" discount all the other possibilities as absurd leads me to mistrust the experts, and when the story is told by the bbc then i am extra suspicious

They don't discount them as absurd, they discount them because there is no evidence to support them, while there is mountains of evidence concerning how HIV attacks and eventually disables the human immune system - this knowledge has created successful drug therapies which have increased the lifespan of people with HIV by multiple years.

I find it really quite strange when people mistrust research which has successfully saved many millions of people of people many extra years of life. Do you refuse to trust the advice of your GP or the consultants up at Nobles too?

Archived