Halogen Oven Thing

Gladys

Having watched the shopping channels ( I haven't been sleeping well of late) I thought I would dig my halogen oven thing out and give it another go. Tried it again tonight and I really can't get on with it.

So, I offer it for free to anyone who wants to give these things a go. It has all the accessories except a stand for the lid (extender ring, high and low rack, toasting rack, baking tray and tongues, I'll even throw in a cookery book I bought to exploit this bit of kit to its aspired potential).

It may suit someone perfectly (my brother and sister in law love theirs) but I can't get in with it and would prefer the cupboard space.

I don't find them that good. The heat goes down from the top and tends to cook the top of things more than the rest and can dry things out. You don't get the same general heat all over (all around the food, rather than just from one direction) of a normal oven. They claim you can steam vegetables with them but after following instructions the vegetables end up hard and dried out. They're good if you're short on space or poor and just want to cook sausages but I'd rather a real oven any day.

Archived