Shoprite: Always Regret It

Slim

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which branch was this at, Douglas I presume?

I've always found Port Erin to be pretty good. Even when they ring that little bell and the light starts flashing.

Agreed Port Erin's Shoprite is pretty good.

I have noticed the standard of service improves in the evenings and at weekends, when the kids are on.

I've been to KFC a couple of times but one night a couple of years ago I went, hell bent on eating fried chicken, queued several minutes then noticed a piece of A4 on a pillar with the message "Sorry, but we do not have any chicken available" scribbled on in biro.

I vowed never to go back to such a shed of incompetence.

Agreed Port Erin's Shoprite is pretty good.

I have noticed the standard of service improves in the evenings and at weekends, when the kids are on.

The Shoprite in Onchan is okay, too. It's certainly better than the Co-op where quite a few of the staff seem to have been recruited from 'Acorn Antiques.'

:(

I've been to KFC a couple of times but one night a couple of years ago I went, hell bent on eating fried chicken, queued several minutes then noticed a piece of A4 on a pillar with the message "Sorry, but we do not have any chicken available" scribbled on in biro.

I vowed never to go back to such a shed of incompetence.

Either that has happened another time or we went on the same night!

I did not notice the sign, queued for an age, got to the counter (finally!) and the chap said "Sorry, no chicken" I was absolutely stunned! No chicken??? I was sure he was having a laugh.

I too had a similar experience to Dave, when in the Union Castletown we were offered lager because the bitter had run out. When we declined, the barman pulled a face so we went else where. This was the Saturday some 3 year ago when the Classic racing had just finished

That brought me back, I used to work in Shoprite Port Erin many years ago, when I was saving up for travel etc, Ihateed it with a passion, the boss were the thickest people I have ever worked for!

The "managers" were just sleazy an that includes the women - they jus used to be really cruel and make you work for hours without a break and make you do all the crap shifts! One time my mate was so exhausted after bein on the till for about 7 hours straight, her mum came in an my mate broke down on the till th managers were all slaggin her off cause of it.

I reckon they were all shaggin each other aswell, and i still reckon they did no work in that little office of theirs - evertime you knocked on the door they would all be in there doin nothing, laughing an flirting with each other, and every comment that would come out of their mouths were just sleazy etc!

I worked there for ages due to just saving money, and i didnt have any office experience at the time and just wanted to work local etc, so i think some people are just forced to work there! I also used to go straight from shoprite to do the evening shift at strix! Joy my life was then! Although i went traveling on the money i saved!

I also worked on the deli at safeways at one point when i was younger, but got sacked for throwing a pound of bagged up bacon at a customers head and just walking out!! I was annoyed cause they told me i had to change my pink hair and cover my nose ring up!!! Teenage angst! It was this posh bitch that used to come in on a sat about 2 mins before closing time, and make everyone run around after her and get stuff out of the big fridge (we were tryin to clean away to get out on time) an then she used to ask for it all cheap and just treat us like xxxxx, so one day i just snapped and threw all her stuff at her!!! COW!!!

Dam I have also worked in the Coop in port erin (for about a week) till i realised that it just wasnt worth the £2.70 an hour!

I had so many lame jobs when I was younger...Silverdale, King Bills in the kitchen (was quite good, got to look at the posh eye candy!) Cleaning offices, Strix (used to get motion sickness from the conveyor belt), worked in the airport canteen at one point (when I was 14!!) Worse job was temping for HSBC though - the staff are treated like children!

Im glad i worked though, as its made me very versatile and determined to not do them types of jobs!

• 2 weeks later...

I recruit students from West Indies, North America, South America, and Norway, tryin to get IOM on my list (try and persuade more manxies to go uni in the big smoke and get to go to the IOM on a regular)!!

Its a great job, I get to recruit them so i go to the fairs in those countries - great traveling job but a bit stressful! Then once they are at the Uni I look after them and coordinate them and make their time as fun and packed with as many activities as poss!

However due to me wanting to settle down, move out of london and maybe have a family in the next couple of years I am goin to do my MA in Career Guidance so i can become a careers adviser! Nice!

I would be interested in what everyone else does!.............

Archived