Free

FCMR

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep, we have been or will be de arrested in the morning, completely innocent of any wrong doing

I'm very pleased to see an innocent person having his innocence confirmed. But it's also terryfying to think that an innocent person can be arrested etc in this way.

This must have cost you money for lawyers etc. Can you claim this back from somewhere?

Yep, we have been or will be de arrested in the morning, completely innocent of any wrong doing in the ex CM thingy

Bail withdrawn then, to give the official version. i.e almost equivalent to being released without charge at the outset of an enquiry: it doesn't mean the enquiry can't be pursued (or bail re-imposed), particularly if more evidence comes to light

Without meaning to be too picky - and I am pleased if the news is right - a person who is released without charge or has bail withdrawn is not necessarily innocent in the same way that a person who is found 'not guilty' is not necessarily innocent. I think it's important to clarify this as mis-use of the jargon can easily distort an otherwise credible story / post.

Fight the good fight etc.

Edited following review of manxradio.com

Manx Radio:

Police have this morning confirmed that no further action is to be taken against former Chief Minister and Onchan MHK Richard Corkill.

Mr Corkill and his wife Julie were arrested and bailed last year, as investigations into the payment of tourism grants for work at their Ballacain home in Onchan continued

Mrs Corkill remains on police bail at this time, pending the outcome of advice from the Attorney General's Office.

Bail has been withdrawn for Mr Corkill, and also building firm partners Colin Moore and Will Kelly

Maybe they had Wacko's legal team.

If Ned has been found to be 'completely innocent of any wrong doing', then why not?

Absolutely no reason at all - he could make him Minister at the DTL, with his wide knowledge of the tourist grants he could make sure that there were no irregularities.

So he's cleared and the builders are cleared - so it's all down to the little woman is it?

Perhaps someone can explain - if everything is OK - what was all the fuss about?

quote=Manx Radio's website

Police have this morning confirmed that no further action is to be taken against former Chief Minister and Onchan MHK Richard Corkill

quote=Barby,Jun 14 2005, 09:29 AM

This must have cost you money for lawyers etc. Can you claim this back from somewhere?

Same question (assuming ex CM is paying his own legal costs).

I assume the civil case is still ongoing and until it's resolved the question of legal fees remains open as the costs have yet to be awarded. That's my understanding of it anyway.

As to the costs of having legal representation whilst making statements and so forth to the police against possible criminal proceedings again I assume you pay your own.

yeah I couldnt' claim back any lawyers costs when I was investigated once with no prosecution or wrongdoing.

I said a along time ago that she would need more defending than him and no one believed me, its nice to be right :)

Its not that cut and dry yet and the Persian carpet looks good. No matter what the outcome is the people of the Island will be able to read the facts when they are published and at this time they cant.

Archived