tunnel

doc.fixit

What about a 'Time Tunnel' instead though?

We could go back and see the age of steam trains, electric trams, horse trams, coppers that look like those on 'Heartbeat'...the days before busineses had to spend money on the likes of pesky disabled access, no freedom of information act to find out what government was up to, an age when cabbies and chimney sweeps got elected as MHKs, health care was poor with lots of delays for operations...

...er....

Much as I fucking hate the steam racket & would love to see them go out of business, I would hate the idea of being attached to the UK even more.

I wouldn't worry, Monkey. They built a 31 mile tunnel to connect an island of 60 million people with a continent of 700 million and the investors will never get their money back. I had shares and got the t-shirt! Don't expect anyone to be queuing to build a tunnel twice as long to an island of 85,000 any time soon.

'Underwater tunnel proposed between Wales and Ireland'.

Reported in the UK Independent today................I thought we were going to be first with a tunnel to the UK.w00t.gif

When I saw the heading 'tunnel' I thought you were warning us of some impending disaster and we should get below ground urgently.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived