1 In 4 Women And 1 In 5 Men Are Obese

Stavros

A government lifestyle survey has shown one in four women and one in five men living in the Isle of Man are clinically obese.

The general population health and lifestyle survey was carried out in April when a random sample of adults were sent confidential questionnaires.

These forms covered health factors such as tobacco and alcohol consumption, diet, exercise and body measurements.

The results are now available and show 20 per cent of the Island’s adults smoke, significantly lower than the 27 per cent rate in the UK.

Obesity has been identified as a problem among the Island’s population too, affecting 25 percent of women and 22 per cent of men.

DHSS officials say the results will allow them to better plan health care services.

I'm not alone anymore!

Stav.

You only started that topic because I mentioned the chippy, didn't you? :rolleyes:

With all the junk food, it's no wonder people aren't tall enough for their weight - christ, a full english has more fat and calories then you should eat all day :blink:

Trust a German to blame the Russians...

I was only blaming them on the basis of this remark on above mentioned website:

1600s - Ships from the German port of Hamburg, Germany began calling on Russian port. During this period the Russian steak tartare was brought back to Germany and called "tartare steak."

я люблю Россия! :)

Archived