Help Please

Amadeus

From Manxradio:

A German TT newcomer has left the Island with a bad taste in his mouth after thieves stole his racing bike from outside a Douglas restaurant.

Marcus Barth rode the K4 GSXR 600cc Suzuki in the two Supersport Junior Races last week.

The black and flurescent orange bike, with racing number 40, was left outside Paparazzi on Sunday between around 1.00 and 2.00pm.

Rider Liaison Officer, Paul Phillips, says the bike is likely to have been loaded into a van as it was fitted with a steering lock.

Anybody with information about the stolen bike is asked to ring Police Headquarters, on 631212, or the anonymous Crimestoppers line on 0800 555 111.

Sorry to post it here, as many have probably read it in the news, but I thought it was worth a go, especially as these bikes aren't exactly cheap and someone might have seen something - how can they steal a flurescent orange bike in the middle of the day? Aren't there any cameras on the prom?

There is this camera on the Promenade

Webcam - Douglas Promenade

Wasn't the bike stolen from this end of the Prom? I'm sure it wouldn't be the most difficult job in the world to plough through the images.

It's likely, however, that the Police will do nothing unless there is an incentive, for example if the Island was to receive bad publicity in European bike circles, from whom the Island loves to take money from each TT.

The last time something like this happened, or so I believe, was when a coupla of new Fireblades were lifted into the back of some circus wagons up at Hutchison Square area.

Was the bike reported stolen immmediately so that the vans could be quickly searched at the other end of the ferry crossings? I am sure the hassle would be understood by most folk considering the sort of low-life that was being sought.

This is bad news for the TT. If you can't leave your bike on Douglas Promenade during TT - where can you leave it?

I hope the bike is found but most of all the thieves are found and raspberried.

-snip- It's likely, however,  that the Police will do nothing unless there is an incentive, for example if the Island was to receive bad publicity in European bike circles, from whom the Island loves to take money from each TT.-snip-

Most German visitors know the riders that come over to compete here, many in person, and I hope that no incentive is needed - these guys have forums as well, and if the Island becomes known as "the place where they stole his bike last year", then that can't be good...

It's just a shame that some low-lifes do things like that - what would you want with a racing bike anyway?

-snip- It's likely, however,  that the Police will do nothing unless there is an incentive, for example if the Island was to receive bad publicity in European bike circles, from whom the Island loves to take money from each TT.-snip-

Most German visitors know the riders that come over to compete here, many in person, and I hope that no incentive is needed - these guys have forums as well, and if the Island becomes known as "the place where they stole his bike last year", then that can't be good...

It's just a shame that some low-lifes do things like that - what would you want with a racing bike anyway?

A bike can be stripped down in a very short time and spares are easy to sell. A new bike is worth more broken up for spares than one sold for use.

I think it's terrible that some scally scrotes have pinched this guys bike.

This bike would of been worth a lot of money and probably holds a lot of his sweat and tears as well.

The cost of getting it here wouldn't of been cheap either. I know a sidecar crew who said it cost them £5000 just to bring the bike and engines over.

People who pinch cars and bikes should be if caught banged up for a very long time or have the choice of having there hands chopped off with a rusty blunt knife.

I'd not be parking it on a public road..or did I miss the bit where it said the bike was road legal, taxed and insured.

Don't get me wrong - I think the pikeys who had it away should be gelded too - but it does beg the question: what was a racing bike doing being parked on the Prom?

My lowly old KMX125 got stolen from the alley behind my house at the start of practise week last year.

Yes the KMX is apparently the most stolen bike in the UK but I'd doubt mine went back across in a van when ther would be plenty more valuable bikes to nick & take back at that time of year.

It fired me up to get my test done and get a bigger bike with the insurance money but I still go mad when I think about what I'd do if I actually saw it at some point being ridden.

For what it's worth it was a 97 kmx that was repainted black (but still a bright green seat) and had a twin headlight fairing, enduro tyres and a depsport exhaust. I'd pay very good money to find out who was responsible for its disappearance......

Archived