Government To Shut Down Training Centre

FCMR

The DTI are to close the training centre down at Hills Meadow Douglas, what for I dont know. Its my opinion that it is being done after the delegation from the IOM to Jersey saw first hand how much the Large construction firms are saving (one from here) by not training locals, instead they are shipping in cheap skilled labour from the Eastern block countries. who work for a third of the cost of the Locals.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Umm, that's a very poor comparison. Products dating because of construction slippage is not the same as ordering equipment for a site that is about to close.

Seemingly, the three people at Govt that I've spoken to know nothing about this, and they're all people that would know.

Ring the Isle of Man Employers Federation on 660188 and ask if its true or not.

Manx Government? the right foot has no idea what the left foot is doing.

Its a pity that its closing or is it just the apprentice side of things.

CLOSING SOONER THAN YOU THINK, SOMETHING THE GOVERNMENT HAVE TRIED TO KEEP QUIET.

they are shipping in cheap skilled labour from the Eastern block countries. who work for a third of the cost of the Locals.

/serious questions...

Where will these people find to live at a third of the cost?

Are Eastern Block certificates of training valid in an EEC affiliated country such as the Isle of Man? Health and Safety training etc?

IN THE SAME SORT OF ACCOMADATION AS THE PHILIPINO DOMESTIC STAFF THAT ARE WORKING IN THE NURSING HOMES. A LARGE CONSTRUCTION FIRM ON THE IOM ALREADY EMPLOYS CHEAP LABOUR FROM OVERSEAS.

ITS A CASE IF THE SHOE FITS????

AnS THE GOVERNMENT ARE BEING VERY EVASIVE OVER THIS, BUT WAIT AND SEE.

IN THE SAME SORT OF ACCOMADATION AS THE PHILIPINO DOMESTIC STAFF THAT ARE WORKING IN THE NURSING HOMES. A LARGE CONSTRUCTION FIRM ON THE IOM ALREADY EMPLOYS CHEAP LABOUR FROM OVERSEAS.

ITS A CASE IF THE SHOE FITS????

Is your caps lock key stuck or are you shouting to get your point across better??? <_<

No more capital letter posts please. There's no need. This isn't a noisy room full of people, it's a page of text that anyone can read. It looks untidy, messy and makes you look like a loudmouthed buffoon.

Not that you need much help.

I thought the point raised reference income versus outgoings was a very valid one.

What sort of accomodation are the Philipinos you refer to above housed in?

Archived