Government To Shut Down Training Centre

FCMR

Now that you mention it, I think I can remember it being the trainees that did some "remodelling" of the grass area in front of the building many years ago.

Not something you'd expect from an aspiring office worker.

But I certainly know of people doing the SOHO style IT and management training there.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They will close for refurbishment and some of it will be relocated.

But is is NOT a permanent closure

This is fact, I have been involved with part of the planned relocation.

So FMCR, should the Government advertise every refurbishment, new extension or the like they are funding ? or should they spend the money on the contract work or spend it on advertising to satisfy the gossip merchants among us.

Geo

It's been fun reading this.  Can't wait for tomorrow's speculations.

WEDDING CAKE BUILDING TO BE ICED SHOCKER

Word from various horses mouths (or was it horses ****'s?) has it that the well known building has been totally and secretly stripped internally and all fixtures, fittings and sitting members have been bought. All monies - give or take the odd thou' - will be going to the the Flighty Folk Appeal.

As I said wait and see, unless the decision has changed since 9.30am this morning, Ill believe the information as told to me.

Further to this Ive just spoke to a major player from the construction industry who also posts on hear that its to close and relocate some of the training to the iomcofe

IN THE SAME SORT OF ACCOMADATION AS THE PHILIPINO DOMESTIC STAFF THAT ARE WORKING IN THE NURSING HOMES.

Fillipino domestic staff?

You should be more outraged about the number of Phillipino RN's/Midwives that are having to work as Health Care Assistants because of the lack of adaptaion programmes.

It's a UK issue that sadly seems to be acceptable.

I've been reliably informed that the civil service is shutting down.

I believe MHKs feel it's an unneccesary overhead to have people running essential public services.

It is all going out for tender to private companies except for tax which ministers are keeping close to their chests.

It's all true

I have been reliably informed that the Isle of Man Fire Service is to close. The Chief Fire Officer recently heard that you should 'fight fire with fire' and considers that as fire is always present when his men are called to a site, it would be safer and more efficient to let the fire fight with itself until it burns out.

These men can now be released full time into the lucrative car washing business they are so proficient at.

As I said wait and see, unless the decision has changed since 9.30am this morning, Ill believe the information as told to me.

Further to this Ive just spoke to a major player from the fire rescue industry who also posts on hear that its to close and relocate some of the kittens to the slaughterhouse

(ugh it pains me to submit a post with such appalling English and grammar)

So nice to see that efficient, factual reporting is not dead.

I heard that the Police are going to close down as the costs of them all suing each other has become too great to bear. Of course, at 9.30........

Archived