What Tunes Y'all Diggin?

Tea&Biscuits

Yea that Demon Dayz is wicked!

Ive also been loving lots of Ragga/Dancehall at the moment - Elephant Man/Sizzla/Beenie Man and Lady Saw! Its the sound of my area - every car, window is blasting out Ragga!! I like it, gets you moving, although can be a bit jarring after a while and im not sure about some of the homophobic lyrics etc!

Audio Bullys - wicked dancey CD!

Also dusted my Best of the Pixies out - rockin!!!

I wouldnt say I was too liberal to listen to music that may have homophobic lyrics in? It dosent mean I agree with it - if I was to censor everything I listened to which includes gangster rap (which is blatently derogatory towards women) to Ragga, to some heavy metal, etc I wouldnt be able to listen to anything?????

I dont know about Beenie Mans lyrics, I know that Elephant man is homophobic, but It wont stop me listening to it???

There has been some evidence though that his lyrics, and that of other Jamaican artists, have actually incited violence and some lyrics (not sure if it's Beenie Man or not) overtly urge the listener to harm or kill gays.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating censorship nor am I criticising you, just expressing surprise that you'd listen to it.

I know that there is a general homophobia within Jamaican culture, which can manifest into the music, however i guess it is wrong to assume that the majority of the music insights or is disriminative towards gay people. (not that im saying thats what your saying!) Also i gues i need to point out that not all Jamaican people feel that way either!

I think it was Buju Banton who caused controversy with his song about hanging gays etc - and there are a few others. As much as I dont agree with the lyrics and would not listen to songs that were blatently and soley about killing or hurting anyone I do still listen to music that may have references to subjects or situations that are less than liberal?

Im being honest I guess! Most songs are written with some kind of agenda or expression arnt they?

It sounds stupid but I love 50Cent and some of his songs are really degrading to women, and Im the first person to get rilled up about women and equality, but I just love his music??? I find it quite sexy! Dont ask me why???? Cause i dont knw!

All them rappers kind of make women sex objects etc, but I still listen to the music?

Just like I know some gay mates who still listen to ragga even though it can be homophobic? Sometimes as long as people are blatent in what they believe they are less dangerous (in a weird way) its when people are covert about their beliefs etc thats when i worry!!

Oh i dont know the world is a bit messed up reallY! but i like my music!!!

2Pac ft Elton John - Ghetto Gospel

Really sorry, but i cannot stand that.

Me still lovin that Amerie-One thing tune, also James Zabiella's Utilities EP, did anyone get that Atomic Hooligan album after i recommended it? Thought not, you wanna if ya into the Chem's,Leftfield or Prodigy, along the same lines, very very good.

Oh, and the DiscoBoots remix of Jack ya Body by Steve silk Hurley ;)

Oh, and the DiscoBoots remix of Jack ya Body by Steve silk Hurley.

Bootylicious alert!!!!

As for tunes on the moon....'Ils - Bohemia' is another fine album, it only solidifies breakbeat's rise and rise.

Big hello to Tea & Biscuits, hoping Londonia is treating you well. :D

The White Stripes new album is quality, loving Blue Orchid and The Nurse at the minute. Lullabies to Paralyze is another one that has been in my cd player for a while...still prefer Songs for the Deaf. And the Magic Numbers looks set to be the soundtrack of my summer, just loving the whole thing.

Heard a version of sweet child o mine done in an electro style - thought it was interesting,

I've been wanting to get a group together for a while to do folkie versions of classic heavy metal tunes (including sweet child of mine) - any takers? ( I'm not that serious before anyone suggests I post on the manxbands swearing site).

I suppose I have a feeling of nostalgia for my misspent adolescence now I've moved on from that sort of music

Archived