The Real Bf2 Demo

3allz

its got its faults but i suppose its still in beta mode :angry:

The ranker server nonsense leaves a bitter taste in the mouth but its still possible to have a good game without the need to collect medals.

try QBS server, teamspeak details on www.theqbs.com

the ingame voip is a bit too laggy.

My full copy hasn't arrived but I've tried the demo. Multiplayer is ok, but single player is deadly - your own team seem to constantly run you over. Calling out for a ride is like shouting "kill me". Within 5 mins I died 3 times because of crazy jeep drivers. Still, it crashes and disconnects lots - but seems promising after a patch or so.

I've had a few plays and it's a good game but;

- Loading time sucks

- Verifying client data takes an eternity

- Game browser is the worst in history

My system's isn't the best but a 2.4/1gb/6600gt/SATA should be able to handle it but seems to crawl occasionally. Done the usual, latest drivers, defag, stopped AV but still the same. It just seems very chunky and slow.

I've only been playing in Medium to maintain a good FPS. The game is a lot better than i thought it would be, although there still seems to be issues with the damned menu and that damned punish for TK when its an accedent. Anyone who does that should be shot............

Anyone got to Lance Corperal Yet? Real headache now is getting to Corperal, got 3000 points, only another 6k to go <_<

The TK thing can be very annoying. I've "Team Killed" people by "them" simply crashing into me, how rude of me to be crashed into.

Mines are just a definate no-no, because no matter how many times you tell people, they'll still frickin drive over them. The most-annoying thing in the world, and the one that got me kicked last night was people who "want" your Jet/Tank/Car and run out in front of you, I mean, WTF are they expecting? Flying along the runway with Afterburners you can't really just stop. I got kicked from a server last night for that...

Overall though, its very impressive. I still cant decide whether I have a better game on the 64 player servers or the smaller ones. Its a bit unorganised when there's 7 flag points all getting randomly taken over.

Archived