Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

It totally fails to predict seasons, day length, sunset time and where the sun sets, the movement of the stars with latitude and season, weather systems and their behaviour north or south of the equator, ditto ocean currents.

Gerry it is sad you think that animation is representative of reality.

How long is a day on the equator? How long is a night? Look at the animation for just a few seconds and think for goodness sake. You are genuinely showing yourself to be totally ignorant of you think that animation has any use as a model of reality.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gerry: How does the flat earth brigade explain night and day? Sorry if I've missed it.

tempwn0.gif

As silly as it may look, it would give a reason why the north pole is considerably warmer than the south pole!

If that were true at the centre point it would be constant daylight all year round. That doesn't happen anywhere on Earth.

It totally fails to predict seasons....

No it doesn't, the line in the animation is the equator..the sun moves inward to the tropic of cancer for our summertime, and outward again to Capricorn for summer in the southern hemisphere...

Mojo: the center of the map is the North Pole. Have you ever heard of perpetual daylight in the N.Pole during its summer?

To add.... winter in the s.pole is dark.....

No it doesn't, the line in the animation is the equator..the sun moves inward to the tropic of cancer for our summertime, and outward again to Capricorn for summer in the southern hemisphere...

Mojo: the center of the map is the North Pole. Have you ever heard of perpetual daylight in the N.Pole during its summer?

I said all year round, no where has constant daylight all year round. My point still stands.

I said all year round, no where has constant daylight all year round. My point still stands.

1 revolution of the sun in that animation is 1 day,,, the sun gradually moves out to the southern hemisphere.. the light at the extreme's of the animation would be a twilight

Why is it ok for Gerry to make ludicrous claims that dismiss the work of not only personal friends but also thousands of conscientious hard working people who, while certainly often flawed, have massively increase our understanding of the world, but not ok for me to treat his delusions with as much contempt as the evidence shows it deserves.

The world is not flat and this can be demonstrated very simply irrespective of Gerry's denials and delusions.

Personal friends?

(I'm not saying this is you) but how many low-life people will deliberately mislead others for the sake of looking after their friends?

My comment about these 'experts' should send shivers down peoples spines because the've connived and deceived people into believing that they were independent when they were clearly not. The point is - how many other agencies do the same thing? It's unlikely we'll ever know

You should however CH, be backing me up as it's low-life like them who stain the honest working professor, scientist and engineer etc and because of those liars, truth is becoming harder to find and encouraging scepticism amongst others.

I love facts though CH and as long as those facts haven't been created to deceive people then I'm all for it, but unfortunately, people in power and high positions constantly thwart the integrity of those working honestly and it's these people who should be removed from their lofty positions.

If only people couldn't lie eh?

beautiful x

1 revolution of the sun in that animation is 1 day,,, the sun gradually moves out to the southern hemisphere.. the light at the extreme's of the animation would be a twilight

You have really answered the point I'm making. The way that drawing works there has to be a central point that receives constant sunlight all year round, that simply doesn't happen.

At this moment, in late august the sun is heading back to the equator....moving away from us...the spring will soon be upon the southern hemisphere.

Seasons are easily predicted with this model chinahand.

Oh for goodness sake are you a child? You see something that superficially represents reality and then rather than critically examining it you just accept it.

The seasons result in very well known changes in sun rise and sun set time and position. If you think your model correctly predicts this then you are blind.

What is the day length on the equator in your model in summer, in winter, at the equinox.

Look at it, sit there and calculate the ratio of daylight to darkness. Please actually do this.

Just do it for the equator and use your child-like mind for once in your life. Look at it and tell us what season is being shown- is it the equinox? Northern or Southern Hemisphere summer or what? Come on Gerry. Think and answer these questions?

This is not a model that represents reality in any shape or form.

How does it explain sun sets? Hint a sunset is the sun lowering in the sky until it goes under the horizon, it isn't it being blotted out of existence while still high up in the sky.

It is genuinely sad to see people so failing to use their brains. They accuse us of being sheeple but then uncritically accept and pass on this sort of guff as a reasonable explanation of our world.

It isn't.

If the earth were flat and that model was true would we not be able to see the sun even during the night?

Or does this model require the sun to be more like a spotlight with the light pointing in only on direction?

I'm going to guess that the answer to that is going to be something along the lies of, "the moon has a dampening effect on the light", or indeed "the moon emits darkness"

Undoubtedly high comedy by the faux-flat earthers whatever the jury-rigged-make-do "answer" will be.

The FE model shown is the sun in equinox, it is one day repeated, the date would be either 21st march or 21st September.

The sun would move to the southern tropic line and be over it on the 21st December.

The sun would be over the Northern tropic line on 21st June.

It makes good sense, as why nights in the southern hemisphere come about much quicker, the antarctic being considerably cooler than the Arctic..

Think of all the assumptions that have to be made for the ball earth for the seasons...The 23.4° tilt off its axis, the 93,000,000 miles the sun has to be from the Earth,,,The rotation of the Earth, Did you know the earth is supposed to be in an elliptical orbit around the sun and in its summer time's according to the heliocentric model it is actually furthest from the sun.

Archived