Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

How do flat earthers (assuming there are any here) explain continental drift? It's clear South America and Africa were once connected.

To me it doesn't look like a very good fit.

I would recommend heading over here and download this free eBook which contains 200 proofs on why the earth is not a spinning ball. Some really good stuff in it, it will get you thinking things like

If this is true....

post-35809-0-55818400-1435247524_thumb.jpg

Then this makes more sense...

antarcz%2B-%2BCopy.gif

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never heard of or seen a commercial flight cross Antarctica, perhaps a military mission heading into the Antarctic, or a tourist flight on the outskirts that's about it..

Just think of the fuel they would save.....If it were possible that is....

I've never heard of or seen a commercial flight cross Antarctica, perhaps a military mission heading into the Antarctic, or a tourist flight on the outskirts that's about it..

Nice of you to edit in the "tourist flight on the outskirts" bit after my post.

Would you mind drawing the route of that plane on your flat earth map and explain how it manages it in 12 hours?

Gerry just claims everything that contradicts him is fake. He's already been asked to explain both the time and route taken for flights from South Africa to Australia and from Australia to South America. The result crickets.

You really are very ignorant, Gerry. You can work out your latitude very easily via the height of the sun above the horizon.

Go and buy a sextant and learn something.

If you land at the South Pole at mid summer the sun will never get any higher than 23.4 degrees in the Sky. No where else on Earth will do this.

Members of my family have been eccentric enough to carry a sextant with them on all their summer holidays. As you failed to understand with Polaris the way the stars and sun behave with latitude CANNOT be replicated on a flat earth.

I even drew you pictures, remember? But Gerry just will not learn.

Would you mind drawing the route of that plane on your flat earth map and explain how it manages it in 12 hours?

I did add it before seeing your post, I know tourists go there, or think they go to the south pole.

I did add it before seeing your post, I know tourists go there, or think they go to the south pole.

It doubt it does manage it in 12 hours, It would be interesting to call up the airline and ask to make a booking for the flight. I imagine its expensive and they try to convince you to take a cheaper "multi stop" flight..

It doubt it does manage it in 12 hours, It would be interesting to call up the airline and ask to make a booking for the flight. I imagine its expensive and they try to convince you to take a cheaper "multi stop" flight..

There is no other Sydney - JoBurg route. Yes it does take 12 hours. Yes people fly on it. No, none of them have mentioned that it actually takes 5 days.

Bit of a cop out answer really gerry.

EDIT: It's even airborne now. https://flightaware.com/live/flight/QFA63/history/20150825/0050Z/YSSY/FAOR

This is your problem Gerry - what you imagine isn't a very good proxy for reality.

So go and look at your flat earth, look at Jo'burg, look at Sydney - work out how long you think it will take to travel between them compared to London - New York.

Is it twice as long, three times as long. Come on do some work yourself and work it out.

Your imagination really doesn't do a very good job thinking about the 10s of thousands of people who fly backward and forward on the Jo'burg Sydney route every year.

Now - how long does that flight take? How long is the flight - based on your flat earth map and a great circle route?

Which explains the reality better. Do you really think South African Airways and Quantas are faking landing and take off times?

Given your paranoid mindset you probably do.

This is your problem Gerry - what you imagine isn't a very good proxy for reality.

So go and look at your flat earth, look at Jo'burg, look at Sydney - work out how long you think it will take to travel between them compared to London - New York.

Is it twice as long, three times as long. Come on do some work yourself and work it out.

Your imagination really doesn't do a very good job thinking about the 10s of thousands of people who fly backward and forward on the Jo'burg Sydney route every year.

Now - how long does that flight take? How long is the flight - based on your flat earth map and a great circle route?

Which explains the reality better. Do you really think South African Airways and Quantas are faking landing and take off times?

Given your paranoid mindset you probably do.

Yes I see what you are saying, I am not suggesting that the fight takes 20 hrs and the passengers are fooled into thinking it takes 12 hrs, this would be a hard trick to pull off, even on modern man engrossed in on-board entertainment.

I am suggesting that this flight simply does not exist as a direct route.

The flight path that Helix just put up, shows it nowhere near the Antarctic as in the web page blurb..Make's we wonder how the picture was taken below...

view-out-the-boeing-747.jpg

Killian: "WHITMAN, PRICE, AND HADDAD!!! You remember them! There they are now, BASKING under the Maui sun."

Archived