Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ rmanx: I am no troll, none of my posts constitute troll like behavior. indeed the best way to get rid of a troll is to stop feeding it, 107 pages of "Flat Earth" discussions is enough anyway....there is a link a few posts back that will give you 200 reasons to question the "universal and provable truth"

@chinahand....btw, I did the great circle on Google Earth and it doesn't get within 500 miles of the coastline of Antarctica...The Airline Blurb maps and photos are very misleading. its things like his that make be think the flight is a fabrication, its enough to make people look at once and say "ah there nothing to it" and move on.

Take care all, its been fun and educational "at times"...

so there you have it again. gerry is not a troll. can you accept that or do you all have to keep making your own opinions up to suit your unnecessary assumptions? x

If a troll claims not to be a troll does that mean they're not a troll?

Shit the South African and New Zealand Rugby teams are in on the Conspiracy.

Though I'm less surprised about facebook's connivance.

Gerry, are you going to insist that there is no direct flights between Sydney and Johannesburg? And that the radar tracks, facebook posts, news reports are all fake?

Please give a straight answer to this question.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man". -George Bernard Shaw, writer, Nobel laureate (1856-1950)

i've enjoyed the info from gerry and china and would like to see it continue. no need to leave the thread gerry, you're coming across loud n clear. though, mf's loss will be MBESA's gain i'm sure x

It is interesting, I'll grant you. Not in an even handed debate kind of way, because all of the provable evidence is with CH, but in a "what the hell is he going to come up with next?" kind of way.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man". -George Bernard Shaw, writer, Nobel laureate (1856-1950)

I have got to reply to this, as I think it has been inspired by my statements about practical people using practical mathematics to do practical things.

In this sort of situation the unreasonable person, insisting of a flat earth, won't make progress - they'll just get lost.

@ rmanx: I am no troll, none of my posts constitute troll like behavior. indeed the best way to get rid of a troll is to stop feeding it, 107 pages of "Flat Earth" discussions is enough anyway....there is a link a few posts back that will give you 200 reasons to question the "universal and provable truth"

@chinahand....btw, I did the great circle on Google Earth and it doesn't get within 500 miles of the coastline of Antarctica...The Airline Blurb maps and photos are very misleading. its things like his that make be think the flight is a fabrication, its enough to make people look at once and say "ah there nothing to it" and move on.

so there you have it again. gerry is not a troll. can you accept that or do you all have to keep making your own opinions up to suit your unnecessary assumptions? x

i've enjoyed the info from gerry and china and would like to see it continue. no need to leave the thread gerry, you're coming across loud n clear. though, mf's loss will be MBESA's gain i'm sure x

It is interesting, I'll grant you. Not in an even handed debate kind of way, because all of the provable evidence is with CH, but in a "what the hell is he going to come up with next?" kind of way.

not really if you've been researching like me! gerry was just posting the obvious stuff. loads more where it came from if ye research. it'll do no harm to have a good think aboput it all x

I have got to reply to this, as I think it has been inspired by my statements about practical people using practical mathematics to do practical things.

In this sort of situation the unreasonable person, insisting of a flat earth, won't make progress - they'll just get lost.

you must have the wrong quote china there is no mention of mathematics. i think it's a nod to those who ignore facts and make assumptions based on their own interests x

not really if you've been researching like me! gerry was just posting the obvious stuff. loads more where it came from if ye research. it'll do no harm to have a good think aboput it all x

Where you, Gerry and Chinahand are concerned, Chinahand has cornered the market in the thinking department, but it's not too late for either of you to start, don't let Chinahand's massive lead in that department daunt you.

Where you, Gerry and Chinahand are concerned, Chinahand has cornered the market in the thinking department, but it's not too late for either of you to start, don't let Chinahand's massive lead in that department daunt you.

i'm not in the market Lao, thought is not a commodity, it's a widely available essence x

... thought is not a commodity, it's a widely available essence ...

Pardon me, but the above statement sounds nice and deep but seems a little glib...

As raw-material, 'thought' could surely be regarded as a commodity. Constructive 'thought' can be bought and sold, borrowed and lent. Ideas (thought), have shaped the world, made war and peace, cured the sick. Temporal 'thought', expanded curiosity in Humans, created religion, defined cultures, increased GLOBAL intelligence and empathy, although not for everyone which leads me to believe that it's not the ''widely available essence'', you claim it to be.

no it's free. you can believe anythin you want though x

Archived