Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

you seem awfully paranoid about the fact that "flat earth" is still here china. you keep trying to bat it away, but like a pesky fly in the heat, it persists and seems to have caused you no end of irritation. you've lost your cool, and forfeited your manners a few times even.

MBESA is alive and well, yet you and others continue to pretend this isn't a real topic of debate. check the page/post figures. your unwarranted claims and assumptions hold no water, unlike the spinning ball of course. your claims lack that mystical, majikal force, er, what's it called, er , oh ye...................gravity! x

Sorry, but it is you that relies on a "majikal" force in order to support your claims.

Actually, what are your claims? Your posts just seem to be a string if nonsensical statements with little of no purpose other than to try and wind other people up all the while preaching "peace and love". You try and hide behind a polite, innocent posting persona but I would suggest that you are simply a troll.

I would kindly ask you to cease your postings until you have something of value to add to erm.. well for want of a better word discussion.

you don't have to apologise for your errors mate. you realised what you had written by your second sentence, then corrected yourself. then you lost your way again, but keep up the good work, it's nice to discuss these things. i politely decline your kind, but, misguided request. as for your false suggestion, i suggest you do not suggest x

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you seem awfully paranoid about the fact that "flat earth" is still here china. you keep trying to bat it away, but like a pesky fly in the heat, it persists and seems to have caused you no end of irritation.

It's not paranoia, it's annoyance and/or frustration.

An example of this is the simple acceptance of patently useless models to explain how the sun moves of a flat earth.

I've put up explanation after explanation how these models are useless - they do not explain reality, but that is just ignored.

I've just thought up another one, but I can't be bothered to do the maths, but PGW, just look at the youtube video you put up or Gerry's gif:

tempwn0.gif

This is meant to be a model of the sun at the equinox - but just look at it, time the amount of daylight a single point on the earth is getting. Is there equal days and equal nights?

On the equinox, if you are on the equator, the sun will just raise straight up from the east, move up in the sky until it is directly above your head and then drop directly down to the west.

If you measured the angle of the sun with a sextant, you'd find the sun follows a constant bearing - directly east until it reaches the zenith, then directly west.

Just look at the picture - if you are on the equator does the model of the flat earth fit with reality?

PGW - you are a very difficult person to engage with because when asked questions like this you tend to go "I don't know".

You won't accept that the model is wrong.

The youtube video you put up looks really snazzy and sciency, but it totally fails to explain how the sun really moves in the sky.

Science is about predictive power. Can your assumptions and maths produce results which do useful things - like tell you the length of the day, or the height of the sun above the horizon.

The simple maths I've tried to explain to you aren't unwarranted assumptions - they have been shown to be highly useful ways of predicting actual facts about the world - for example how the sun moves through the sky on the equator at the equinox.

PGW - people accuse you of being a troll because you always evade issues.

Which model of the earth better explains the actual movement of the sun through the sky? The flat earth model or the spherical one.

Which one explains better the height of the sun above the horizon at noon?

You seem to be oblivious to the fact the flat earth model fails these tests dismally, while a spherical model can very accurately predict it.

I find your evasions on a simple issue like this fascinating - hence my asking you to say where my assumptions are unwarranted.

Are you actually going to engage in a discussion? Or is it just going to be more of the same?

china it's your distinct lack of manners, along with your failed attempts of ridicule, which make you so unattractive during discussions. you get what you are giving/given. i've already looked at the youtube clip i posted. obviously. i don't remember saying anything about accepting the model. i just said that it's one of many for those who are genuinely interested in researching the subject for themselves.

now, i don't make assumptions. that's what you do. i know the length of a day and i know where the sun is. sticks n stones may break my bones, but i never evade issues.

as for my predictions, i can see you a mile off china. you telegraph each reply. it's like reading a boring ignorant book at times. though at others it's really pleasant and interesting with you. i've deducted marks accordingly and noted your inconsistency and, sporadic and excessively negative tone.

i'm goin with the pink floyd model, high hopes, full blast, whilst watching MBESA rise. the truth will out china and the journey is what i'm enjoying. i still, to this day, have not found the conclusive evidence of the shape and size (i've expanded my research) of the earth. i've taken part in this discussion honestly and in good faith. i've tried to be polite and considerate also. you and anyone else can ballieve in whichever model you like and it will not bother me. i'm happy for you, please be happy for me. thank you x

Presumably a flat earth would not have any mountains.

If there were no mountains, there would not be a mountain road.

If there were no mountain road, there would not be any TT races.

I think that a flat earth is a very good idea. Bring it on!

Presumably a flat earth would not have any mountains.

If there were no mountains, there would not be a mountain road.

If there were no mountain road, there would not be any TT races.

I think that a flat earth is a very good idea. Bring it on!

All the world to live, but you live on the TT course which was there before you were born. Unless you're agoraphobic or unable to get out of your own nest, then maybe you might consider moving to somewhere that is more convenient to you personally. Moon sounds good. :)

here's the season finale with a collection of some of the most prominent bezzies, they each give their favourite proofs that they do not live on a spinning ball. they also state what they believe to be the weakest arguments from the defenders of the ball. china please listen to the show and do your research properly. then you wouldn't have to keep asking so many rudimentary questions. these boys are real scientists. it's all about following the method x

I'd rather spent 4 and a half hours walking up Peel Hill with a £40 pair of binoculars. You'll see the Mull of Galloway lighthouse interact with the horizon in a way impossible to explain on a flat earth.

You should try it.

I'd rather spent 4 and a half hours walking up Peel Hill with a £40 pair of binoculars. You'll see the Mull of Galloway lighthouse interact with the horizon in a way impossible to explain on a flat earth.

You should try it.

each to their own i agree x

Archived