Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

Can people like Gerry ever change do you think, or are they doomed to be stupid for the rest of their lives?

That's an unkind comment and not called for.

Gerry's post number 153 raises an interesting view and although I haven't seen a link regards this, it does raise a question if this is true

If I had a plane and wanted to fly over the Antarctic they would shoot me down, you cannot go to the Antarctic unless on a "system" approved tour, people have tried to go via boat to the threat of getting blown out of the water if they didn't turn around, what's this all about?

Do you have links to this Gerry?

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there are far more important things to look into as the shape of the globe doesn't really matter to me, it is the reason behind the probable deception that concerns me.

That is because you have fallen for the flat Earth deception and you are turning it around to believe that conventional wisdom is actually the deception. So then you start to look for the reason behind the "deception" that you have been sold, and that's hard to find because there isn't one. The real deception promoted by the flat Earthers is much easier to explain. Simply, just like those who claim the Apollo program was a hoax, it suits their own agenda. People have made lucrative careers out of this stuff, but whether for gain, notoriety or just to be clever, they do it because they can and because it makes them feel good to see how much they can stir things up. The thought process is quite analogous to those who release computer viruses.

I feel that Gerry's being picked on here because he has a viewpoint that others don't share.

Saying that he's silly or a dick is just plain simple bullying and somehow I'm disappointed in seeing a bad side of people which I thought better of them before.

well said manxy I have noticed a lot of this behaviour from the same people, in various threads. they don't know how to accept other people's views. right or wrong has nothing to do with having a view point. no need to agree with Gerry but at least be kind. i'm sure none of you have circumnavigated the world or been in space, so how would any of you have a better idea than Gerry? just because you've been spoon fed nasa, official mainstream toss, or listened to other people's theories. I haven't been around the world or in space so I don't know the truth and I don't care either. I like the discussion and the info from both sides. we never had a proper discussion about it at school as the flat earth was ridiculed as an idea. so no discussion available. now after finding out so much we were told was lies, i'm open to all discussion about life. I trust you lot more than I trust the national curriculum. thanks for the info people. try to be nice about it, it's just info x

Jesus, yet another Dickhead.

Jesus, yet another Dickhead.

That's an unsuitable comment and not called for.

Do you want to put that to a vote?

FFS where have all the clever posters gone to.

Come back "LONAN 3" === PLEASE.

That the earth is really flat and there has been an international conspiracy going back thousands of years to hide this fact from us is not just improbable but impossible and outright stupid.

NOTHING should be thought of as being absolutely impossible, though as I wrote some things are very very improbable.

But that apart the proposition is fun and a wonderful thought experiment.

Then there's The Firmament. The late great Spike Milligan, and IMO he WAS great, wrote :- "There are holes in the sky // Where the rain gets in // But they're very small // That's why rain is thin" (from memory).

Archived