Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

So the way I understand it we need to synchronize an angle measurement of the moon from 2 locations on earth...I don't think many people have gone to such lengths so concealing the distance of the moon is achievable, on searching out this method they all seem to make at least 1 assumption, I find this with other geometrical measurements also.

Can you explain what assumption you think is necessary. All you need to do is have two people measure the right ascension and declination of the moon at the same time when a few hundred km apart. They don't even need to take a photo containing any stars - just do the measurements on any night. The advantage of doing it during an eclipse - and hence being able to image the stars is that having a photo makes it far easier to confirm the measurements and demonstrate what you've done.

It isn't going to any great lengths at all.

I realize you are really loath to actually do anything other than watch Youtube, Gerry, but really.

Do you really think this is such a formidable barrier to knowledge? Like bleat, I thought this was a matter of some importance to the world.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at your drawing the moon is in the wrong place - the moon should be where the two lines intersect - there's only one moon!

Its position against the stars changes ... ah maybe this is an issue for you Gerry - you don't think the stars are far away.

Yes I agree 1 moon only...

I see you have swallowed that old lie too. It has long been known that the Earth (which is the shape of a potato knish) has NINE moons; one for each day of the week (2 days were removed from the week by aliens and have never been given back, though the GovernMENT(AL) does not want you to know this!

FFS wake up!

@gerry The lunar parallax experiment that china helpfully set out for you is not as complicated as you are attempting to portray above. I'm guessing you haven't done it.

All you need to do is have two people measure the right ascension and declination of the moon at the same time when a few hundred km apart. They don't even need to take a photo containing any stars - just do the measurements on any night. The advantage of doing it during an eclipse - and hence being able to image the stars is that having a photo makes it far easier to confirm the measurements and demonstrate what you've done.

It isn't going to any great lengths at all.

Archived