Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Not yet Bobster, I am working on it.. However using Eratosthenes experiment I managed to get a distance to the sun.....

He knew how far it was from Alexandria to Syene, yes it is 523 miles, he also had an angle 7° so we get the below result for the suns distance...

post-35809-0-95978300-1441705426_thumb.png

Gerry, do you accept that the sun at Castletown will rise to a height of 41.6 degrees above the horizon today?

Do you also accept that the Greenwich Observatory it will rise to 44.2 degrees?

Or are you going to say these easily attested facts are in fact a fake conspiracy and the owning of a sextant is a crime against it?

Does the great, Eratosthenes experiment that many claim proves the shape and circumference of the earth contradict the suns distance of 93,000,000 miles away?

The flaw, or brilliance if you like, of Eratosthenes is that the sun is so large and far away he based his calculation on the suns rays being parallel when they reach the earth.

It's pretty certain he did exist as at one time he was in charge of the great library in Alexandria.

Chinahand, No I am not saying these things you say are not true, I am just trying to point out how when an assumption is made you can craft the desired result..

You sure about that Gerry?

So Gerry, if the sun reaches a maximum height of sun over Castletown is 41.6 degrees above the horizon today - latitude 54.0727°N.

And at the Greenwich Observatory it will rise to 44.2 degrees - 51.4826°N.

May I ask what will be the maximum height of the sun over Alexandria Egypt, latitude 31.2001°N today?

Go on Gerry, let's see your working, and your assumptions - if you want to use a flat earth with the sun 4259 km away, crack on.

Tell us, what will the noon day sun look like from Alexandria, if what you believe is true?

Is it consistent with Castletown and Greenwich?

Please give it a go.

I am onto something here Woolley, I think I have cracked it, I need to double check, but it involves removing more assumptions and also that little GIF I posted some time ago of the sun circling the flat earth...This could be a Eureka moment....

Oh OK then. Sorry. You crack on.

Archived