Flat Earth?

gerrydandridge

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's possible you have a talent for misunderstanding.

Hey, shut up you! This thread is a monument to freedom of thought. I personally believe the earth is a sphere but if people want to question the accepted view that it is a sphere, let them. People should question everything, including the evidence. A lot of people who ridicule these people for questioning things themselves only believe in a spherical earth because they were told it since they were children, they've not done the research themselves. We should encourage people to question things and yes sometimes the accepted orthodox view is right, but sometimes it isn't. I think this thread is great.

exactly. it's scientific to check the info and any real scientist would welcome the scrutiny. i remain skeptical of the majic ball x

@Karma I find your surefeit of tj disturbing...

Never mind.

Quoted for posterity in case you have a change of heart.

Quoted for posterity? What are you, Bob Woodward? Do you really think "posterity" will read this and give a flying hoo hah. Here's a quote for your posterior, calm down, relax, let it out.

Quote - This thread is a monument to freedom of thought. I personally believe the earth is a sphere but if people want to question the accepted view that it is a sphere, let them. People should question everything, including the evidence. A lot of people who ridicule these people for questioning things themselves only believe in a spherical earth because they were told it since they were children, they've not done the research themselves. We should encourage people to question things and yes sometimes the accepted orthodox view is right, but sometimes it isn't. I think this thread is great.

I agree.

Just because a person says something doesn't necessarily mean that they're right or that they're not lying.

Just a week ago, VW was a reputable company and now it's fraudulent activity has been found out by some environmental bloggers.

NASA even shown on their website today the following https://www.nasa.gov/jpl/nasa-there-is-no-asteroid-threatening-earth

quote:

NASA: There is No Asteroid Threatening Earth

Numerous recent blogs and web postings are erroneously claiming that an asteroid will impact Earth, sometime between Sept. 15 and 28, 2015. On one of those dates, as rumors go, there will be an impact -- "evidently" near Puerto Rico -- causing wanton destruction to the Atlantic and Gulf coasts of the United States and Mexico, as well as Central and South America.

That's the rumor that has gone viral -- now here are the facts.

"There is no scientific basis -- not one shred of evidence -- that an asteroid or any other celestial object will impact Earth on those dates," said Paul Chodas, manager of NASA's Near-Earth Object office at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California.

In fact, NASA's Near-Earth Object Observations Program says there have been no asteroids or comets observed that would impact Earth anytime in the foreseeable future. All known Potentially Hazardous Asteroids have less than a 0.01% chance of impacting Earth in the next 100 years.

and another link http://metro.co.uk/2015/09/24/doomsday-asteroid-will-pass-by-earth-tomorrow-nasa-confirms-5405552/

Remember the fictional asteroid the naysayers were banging on about a few weeks back?

Well, don’t guffaw too much because it looks like they might have been right all along.

Nasa just tweeted out confirmation that a giant asteroid is about to pass by earth at some point today.

Yes, TODAY.

update info - It will safely pass Earth at 1:40am PDT, 4:40 am EDT

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/09/24/doomsday-asteroid-will-pass-by-earth-tomorrow-nasa-confirms-5405552/#ixzz3mtGVysTx

So the earth might not be hit, but why make out there's nothing there and how long have they known about this? Sneaky people!

You are quite right Manxy, NASA cannot be trusted, we all remember a couple of years ago the asteroid that hit Russia, I do not recall them advising of this one coming in either...so I don't hold much faith in their near earth object monitoring, nor do I believe a word they say.

I'm not sure how asteroids can exist in an enclosed system, the Russian asteroid was possibly as likely an asteroid as the object that hit the Pentagon was a plane.

@karma, Buzz probably was an honourable man, perhaps that is why he had such a troubled life and turned to alcoholism, having kids look up to him, American hero and all that must have really played on his conscience... They all had family too.

Flat earth is very much in question in my mind, moon landings. not a chance did they ever happen.

Archived